Darnold traded to Panthers (1 Viewer)

ozwego15

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Now watch them draft a serious weapon to go with he and CMAC. I don't like this at all.
I don't think Jamar Chase or Devonta Smith will be there by 8. I can see them draft Penei Sewell who is the best rated OL in the draft.

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they take one of the Top WRs for sure... their division is littered with them... and they have been lacking for years.

BBarnes6182

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I honestly don’t like it for us, darnold is very talented and was in the worst situation he could be in while in NY. Now he goes to a team that has him surrounded with weapons, and Joe Brady? Yikes

It’s amazing how the common fan doesn’t get this. Significant upgrade for them with Joe Brady calling the plays

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s amazing how the common fan doesn’t get this. Significant upgrade for them with Joe Brady calling the plays
Pretty sure Brady was OC for them last season and he didnt help a far superior Bridgewater do much. That team is all about CMac and not the QB IMO.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure Brady was OC for them last season and he didnt help a far superior Bridgewater do much. That team is all about CMac and not the QB IMO.
"Far superior Bridgewater" is a bit of a stretch. Also, for a team all about CMC, tough to judge the QB with him missing 13 games last season.

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
Between Jameis and Darnold, the NFC South will rarely see balls hit the ground.
Panthers and Saints might have a bad day against each other. Winston throws 5 int and Darnold throws 5 int....could break a record if they are both seeing ghosts.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A few weeks ago there was a concern that Watson would end up in Carolina. So compared to that I can handle this. Having said that though I think the Panthers got better with this trade. Darnold is a better fit for what Brady does. The Panthers have weapons so if they commit to building that O line they could be tough.

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The Panthers just announced that they are picking up Darnold’s 5th year option. Will pay him close to 19 mil in 2022 I guess.

Gumbo's Dad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I honestly don’t like it for us, darnold is very talented and was in the worst situation he could be in while in NY. Now he goes to a team that has him surrounded with weapons, and Joe Brady? Yikes
I agree. He was in a horrible situation and now has a surrounding cast. However, I don't see the Saints going anywhere postseason for the next year or 2 so, whatever.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think Jamar Chase or Devonta Smith will be there by 8. I can see them draft Penei Sewell who is the best rated OL in the draft.
Cincy should snatch him up.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score

If they thought Bridgewater was far superior they wouldn’t be trading 3 picks for Darnold.

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Darnold will definitely be seeing ghosts again with the Panthers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)