Darren Sharper best FA signing! (1 Viewer)

Is Darren Sharper the Best FA signing this year?

• yes

Votes: 106 84.1%
  • no

Votes: 20 15.9%

• Total voters

Mile_High_Saint

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think he was one of the best FA signings by any team this year. He has turned what was once a glaring weakness into a strength. Think what could have been with a reliable safety the past two years. Having a ball hawk in the secondary is reminiscent of the sammy knight days.

iambruce

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I definitely think so. Mike Bell is someone that I think a lot of people would think would contend for that, but he was actually signed last year.

I can't think of anyone else! Go D#!

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Even though he's not making the big interceptions I think Greer has been a better signing just on this team. I love what Sharper is bringing but Greer is being over looked. He's playing absolutely fantastic out there.

p0pe

d0pe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's between him and Greer for sure... tough call because Greer hasn't seen much action which is a great thing. I'm going to say YES just because he is playing awesome and creating turnovers.

Cuozzo67

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mike Bell was actually signed late last season.

It's only 2 games, but Sharper, Greer, Evans, and Hargrove look like 2009 FA winners.

Just 2 years ago, the same front office brought us FA's Jason David, Brian Simmons, Eric. Johnson, Kevin Kaesviharn, and David Patten.

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Too difficult to vote. We struck gold on several:

Sharper
Greer
Heath Evans
Hargrove

mmule

Mikee-GA is back!
Reaction score
It's between him and Greer for sure... tough call because Greer hasn't seen much action which is a great thing. I'm going to say YES just because he is playing awesome and creating turnovers.

Agree, It's hard to say between him and Greer (so I didn't vote). Between those two, we may have the best FA class in the league. 2 games in, and they are definitely doing what they're supposed to be doing...suring up a terrible defensive backfield. Evans is terrific too.

Reggie09MVP

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I have to go Greer. Both Sharper and Greer have been brilliant but Greer has a lot more football in him, being considerably younger. It really looks like Greer will be a very good corner for this team for a number of years.

TCUDan

Cutting the lead blocker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Really effective low-key signings. Through two games it's def. Sharper. I think that Greer, because he's playing CB, could prove just as valuable (even if he only ends up with a couple of INTs, the guy is our best cover corner and a serious upgrade).

nsingh93

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i voted yes. but just realized greer was a better choice, mainly because he is younger and will hopefully keep up the same production for the years to come. Sharper only really has 1-2 years left in him.

OP
Mile_High_Saint

Mile_High_Saint

All-Pro
Reaction score
I agree about greers long term potential. I hope he has the same effect that rodney harrison had in NE.

JeffDaSaintsGuy

Official SR Twitter Team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sharper was a great pick up. but if you are talking league-wide, it would be Gonzales in ATL. I hope we break his legz.

greg8710

All-Pro
Reaction score
Dang it! ! ! I forgot about about Greer. That deserves a kick in the face.

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Right now Darren Sharper is the best FA signing.....but I keep a very close eye on Heat Evans. The more I'm watching him play, the more I think we have just as a special player here.....just as Darren Sharper. The guy is incredible, and if Sharper is 1A....then Heat Evans is 1B......

I love them both!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread