Darren Sproles considers un-retirement (1 Viewer)

I don't know. Mixed emotions.

Even at the right price, our BU RBs need to play ST. While Sproles has been an excellent returner in the past, I think those positions are pretty well filled on this team. I can't see him playing on the coverage teams.

So do we want to pay for a RB to sit the bench, even if his name is Sproles? I'd love to see him back, but I just don't see where he improves the team.

Now, if he stays available and (God forbid) an injury happens to Kamara, bring him in.

I would love to sign him! Use him as our 3rd/4th RB as insurance for Kamara giving us another receiving threat out of the backfield. He is also a reliable contributor as a return man. Sproles in a limited role still has some gas in the tank and is a legit threat. I think it would be a good fit for both parties.

We don’t necessarily have a need for him, but if he wanted to come here in a very limited backup role in order to play for a Super Bowl, should we make room for him?

I think so

Even at 36, Sproles is still a big matchup problem.

He keeps himself in incredible shape, and to even be talking about this at his age of 36 is testament to his character, and devotion to the game of football.

I envy guys like Frank Gore, Darren Sproles, Ben Watson, Drew Brees, Antonio Gates and others.

Players like the ones I mentioned above have a very rare but special make up. When you reach those ages and your still able to compete and heck even be elite in some cases. Speaks to the mental discipline and dedication they have had for probably there whole life. That's a rare trait to have.

I seriously would like to know if there would even be interest on both sides. At the same time, I wonder if he'd actually be able to win a roster spot with us. I'm leaning towards "no" in both cases. That being said, I'd love to have Sproles back in black and gold to finish his career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom