Darren Sproles considers un-retirement (1 Viewer)

Did you feel this was incredibly clever, or are you one of those who finds the same comments/jokes funny no matter how many times you hear them?

Because this literally gets said in pretty much any Sproles thread ever.
Are you mad you did not get to say it first?
It’s my honest feelings! She bashed the Saints when they left! She has an incredibly big mouth and bashes ex teams and I would prefer her not be given the chance to do that in New Orleans!

And it seems people thought it was funny also! Get over it!

Are you mad you did not get to say it first?

It would have been impossible for either me OR you to be the first to say it.....because, as previously mentioned, pretty much any time Sproles's name has gotten mentioned in the last 5 years......someone chimes in with a comment about his wife within a few posts. It's pathetically redundant.

It’s my honest feelings! She bashed the Saints when they left! She has an incredibly big mouth and bashes ex teams and I would prefer her not be given the chance to do that in New Orleans!

Not sure how many women you've been around during your life, but many of them can be very emotional and very "in the moment" when it comes to feeling like they, or someone they care about, have been given the shaft. If you're basing your talent acquisition potentials on what a girlfriend or wife might say on their Instagram page about your team, then (a) please never apply to work in that capacity for the Saints and (b) grow thicker skin.

And it seems people thought it was funny also!

Some people on this forum also thought repeating "Can he play safety?" multiple times in multiple threads for years was a funny thing to do as well. In other words, you may not be getting the ideal selection / sample size to decipher effective forms of humor.

Get over it!

Says the guy holding a grudge over a former player's wife going on a brief Instagram rant 5 years ago.

Two scenarios in which I would consider it:
1. Injury to Alvin Kamara and/or Dwayne Washington
2. Slot receiver/return role similar to usage of Tommylee Lewis and Austin Carr.

No idea if he has any gas left in the tank. But it seems to me Sean has been trying to replace him (or the player he was with us) with a satellite back for years. I trust the coaches to decide if he could still help or fit in with the current locker room or not.

Sproles at 36 is still better than Buck Allen, Matt Dayes, Ozigbo, and Washington. I’m certain he could still serve as (at least) a viable backup PR man.

I don't know. Mixed emotions.

Even at the right price, our BU RBs need to play ST. While Sproles has been an excellent returner in the past, I think those positions are pretty well filled on this team. I can't see him playing on the coverage teams.

So do we want to pay for a RB to sit the bench, even if his name is Sproles? I'd love to see him back, but I just don't see where he improves the team.

Now, if he stays available and (God forbid) an injury happens to Kamara, bring him in.
I think it would be like bringing AP in a few years ago. Though, his style is different than anyone else on the team. I always think of Mario bros when I see him running with the ball.

But he -was- here. He was a big part of th offensive package. The fan base, team, and front office wanted him to stay at the end of his contract, Sproles left for more money elsewhere. And good for him and his family.

He moved on then and wants to return now? These desires and actions seem self-centeric as if the Saints world should pivot on his wants. When we wanted him // he didn’t want us. Maybe this is an unpopular view but I’m a loyal fan, Darren has an opportunity to be loyal as well and instead left but now wants a do-over & by-gones. Bury the past.

But he -was- here. He was a big part of th offensive package. The fan base, team, and front office wanted him to stay at the end of his contract, Sproles left for more money elsewhere. And good for him and his family.

He moved on then and wants to return now? These desires and actions seem self-centeric as if the Saints world should pivot on his wants. When we wanted him // he didn’t want us. Maybe this is an unpopular view but I’m a loyal fan, Darren has an opportunity to be loyal as well and instead left but now wants a do-over & by-gones. Bury the past.

He got TRADED. He didn't "leave".

You've formed this major opinion on Sproles and his loyalty, and yet, you seem to know very little of what actually happened.

Last edited:
It would be cool to have Sproles back, just like it would have been cool to have Jimmy back on the team. But at this point in his career, wr have fresher legs and healthier bodies on the team that would be more useful on special teams.

Yes he would be an upgrade to what weve had in the return game since he left, we've already checked that box by signing Sherels. So I dont see an available roster spot for him, but it would be cool if he came back with us before hanging it up for good.

Here's Exhibit A (from 2014):

Sproles-wife-goes-off_2014.JPG

I imagine that only insecure beta males would still be carrying a grudge over something on Instagram from 5 years ago.

Particularly when it wasn't the actual player going on record as saying it.

Reminds me of those guys whining about not wanting Jimmy Graham back because OMG REMEMBER HE TOOK A JAB AT THE SAINTS THAT TIME ON TWITTER??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom