N/S Darren Sproles re-signs with Eagles on a 1 year deal. (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Some talk of him maybe rejoining the B&G, but Philly takes him back for next season. I think there’s still enough left in the tank to be a viable situational RB and chess piece.

Before I get annoyed by it.......I do have to wonder if there was actually any interest from the Saints organization in bringing him back. We know HE was supposedly interested in returning to one of his 3 former teams.....but I never read anything about the Saints reciprocating that. I certainly don't fault Sproles for going where he's wanted..........but if there was any glimmer of him returning here, it would have been the perfect opportunity to sign a 1 year deal and finish this ride with Brees......the same QB he started with.

A sure sentimental favorite but there wasn't a spot for him at running back or on ST. I mean you only have 53 spots so who get cut from the running backs to sign him? Plus the dude's career is done so by signing him you have to release a young player you could be developing.

If the NFL would just increase the roster by 10 we could turn some of these what ifs into reality.

Last edited:
Good for him. He's one of my favorites. I was a little concerned that if we gave him another shot and he got squeezed out by the numbers game that he'd depart on bad terms again.

I have no idea why anyone thought we'd bring him back.

Not only do we have absolutely no use for him, there was a big falling out when he was traded.

The only ones who wanted him back were the few "something left in the tank" fans who want to sign every former Saint.
This roster is too stacked to use a roster spot on a guy that has very little left in the tank!

The galling thing is that the trade netted us Khairi Fortt, if I recall correctly. :jpshakehead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom