Dashon goldston (1 Viewer)

Before talking about this potential free agent prospect, I would like to point out that we had the worst safety tandem in the league last season. I think they should move Jenkins back to CB. If Loomis can seriously shred the cap number we are at currently, I think we should go for Goldston.

This guy does hits so brutal and illegal that they put Ray Lewis to shame.

I don't this punk here. I hate almost everybody on that 49er defense.....from Aldon Smith to Patrick Willis.

Before talking about this potential free agent prospect, I would like to point out that we had the worst safety tandem in the league last season. I think they should move Jenkins back to CB. If Loomis can seriously shred the cap number we are at currently, I think we should go for Goldston.

Jenkins cant cover anyone at safety....why would you move him to corner?

The sad thing is that we could have had him. Two years ago when Roman Harper was a UFA, Goldson was available along with three other good safeties. Unfortunately, our front office doesn't know how to evaluate defensive players. Bidding against ourselves, we paid Roman Harper top dollar when there were four MUCH better UFA safeties, and three of them, including Goldson, signed for less than Harper.

At work, when people ask me questions, I follow up with but can he play safety?

Nearly everyone on our defense graded out the worst in the NFL, including Lofton, Greer, Smith, Ellis, Robinson, Hawthorn and Vilma.

Fix the front end 1st, then we can spend money on safeties.

Dashon Goldson and Whitner totally benefited from the play of their front seven. I think the 9ers safeties are overrated. Look no further than the Championship game and the Super Bowl. If we got Goldson, he'd suffer the fate as Jenkins and Harper. WE HAVE ZERO PASS RUSH. Thats been, and will always be the issue. Until we fix that, EVERY guy we put at S will grade out last in the league.

The sad thing is that we could have had him. Two years ago when Roman Harper was a UFA, Goldson was available along with three other good safeties. Unfortunately, our front office doesn't know how to evaluate defensive players. Bidding against ourselves, we paid Roman Harper top dollar when there were four MUCH better UFA safeties, and three of them, including Goldson, signed for less than Harper.

Harper is a strong safety. Goldson is a free safety

Harper is every bit deserving of his contract he received. He's a 2 time pro bowler and should have at least one more if not 2

Harper is a good tackler but a poor cover guy.. Ss needs to up grade this year bad!!! Really both Safety postions.... If jenkins to slow for playing conerback we should trade him. And sign reed or woodson to a 2 year deal! And draft a young FS to sit behind one of them to learn...

Unfortunately, our front office doesn't know how to evaluate defensive players. Bidding against ourselves, we paid Roman Harper top dollar when there were four MUCH better UFA safeties

Not at the time. I think you posted the exact same thing the other day in another thread.

Whitner, Goldson, and Landry were all solid players, yes, but during free agency that year none of them were considered top flight free agents, and all 3 of them still had question marks due to the teams they were playing on and who they were playing behind.

Harper was a known commodity to the Saints and they chose to stay in-house rather than roll the dice, and it was the right move. We all hate that his play has since taken a nose-dive while Goldson has established himself as a premier player, but you can't employ hindsight and trash the front office decisions while disregarding the circumstances surrounding them at the time they were made.

Since the board guru's have determined that Jenkins is such a great corner why is it no coach has figured this out, especially since they see them way more than the typical homer?

Dashon Goldson and Whitner totally benefited from the play of their front seven. I think the 9ers safeties are overrated. Look no further than the Championship game and the Super Bowl. If we got Goldson, he'd suffer the fate as Jenkins and Harper. WE HAVE ZERO PASS RUSH. Thats been, and will always be the issue. Until we fix that, EVERY guy we put at S will grade out last in the league.

Maybe if the back seven could occasionally force a QB to go to even a second read the pass rush would get there more often. Our team is, as currently constituted, abysmal at coverage by any measure. There were more than a few teams with less sacks and pressures that had way better pass defense numbers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom