Movie Daughters wants to watch all of the Avenger movies in chronological order (1 Viewer)

Why did the fight over Captain Marvel?

I think you’d have to fight my daughter and I if you tried to make us watch it again. We saw it in theaters and thought it was the worst of all the movies.

I’ve been hitting Farscape again lately, and need to do what you’re doing.

I think you’d have to fight my daughter and I if you tried to make us watch it again. We saw it in theaters and thought it was the worst of all the movies.

I'll watch it again if I do the beginning to end MCU movies/shows time line. I like that CNET has put this together. The only thing I haven't watched is Agent Carter. I admit I'm a Marvel junkie. Lol.

The conflict was due to conflicting internet ordering of the movies. One of the sites recommended to watch Capt Marvel later in the timeline due to her not playing a role in the films. In reality, the girls do not need a reason to fight. Pick any topic and one will be the opposite regardless.
We have enjoyed the Agent Carter series. We have been watching one episode a night prior to watching the movie. We watched episode 4 last night and Shea was freaked out by the "ninja girl" that stabbed Dum Dum Dugan. That episode timed up well with Iron Man 2 because of the Russian scientist that worked with Howard Stark.
I can't believe how much work went into all of these movies/shows to link them all together.

I decided to try to follow the CNET timeline. Watched Captain America Sunday and started on the Agent Cater series. Finished Agent Carter series this morning and now watching Iron Man. Shame Agent Carter only lasted 2 short seasons

I decided to try to follow the CNET timeline. Watched Captain America Sunday and started on the Agent Cater series. Finished Agent Carter series this morning and now watching Iron Man. Shame Agent Carter only lasted 2 short seasons
I had a hard time finding the Hulk movie last night. I bought it from the Play Store because I could not find it on any streaming service that I subscribe to.

So we're doing this at our house also.

My question is if Tony can build basically unlimited iron man suits, why wouldn't Black Widow and Hawkeye, at a minimum, each have one? I mean, it makes more sense to put them in than Tony, someone with no combat training. And honestly, couldn't all of them benefit from some sort of iron man suit, even if it's just a helmet with all the display readouts and communication information?

My question is if Tony can build basically unlimited iron man suits, why wouldn't Black Widow and Hawkeye, at a minimum, each have one? I mean, it makes more sense to put them in than Tony, someone with no combat training. And honestly, couldn't all of them benefit from some sort of iron man suit, even if it's just a helmet with all the display readouts and communication information?

I suppose that could have been done, but I like the story with each having their own identity and powers. Not a big issue for me though.

hawkeye-avengers-age-of-ultron-none-of-this-makes-sense.gif

Just that in Ultron (the one we just finished) they're all pinned in and holding off a mob of robots and Hulk has 20 draped over him and Thor has 20 draped over him, but for some reason they never overwhelmed Hawkeye or Black Widow, just coming at them one at a time. Seems like they could have punched them both out easily to focus on the bigger ones, but whatever.

I did this a few months ago. Before that...I'd only watched the Iron Man movies, Captain America 1, and Thor 1.

There are different strategies. One is to do it in order of release, but I watched based on true chronologic order. So Captain America would be #1, then Captain Marvel, and so forth. I thought that it was pretty awesome, and I'm not a huge super hero type of guy.

I did this a few months ago. Before that...I'd only watched the Iron Man movies, Captain America 1, and Thor 1.

There are different strategies. One is to do it in order of release, but I watched based on true chronologic order. So Captain America would be #1, then Captain Marvel, and so forth. I thought that it was pretty awesome, and I'm not a huge super hero type of guy.

The problem with Captain Marvel is thats like a gap of 20 movies before she shows up again. You could do mostly chronological order and then maybe stick Captain Marvel before release order but well after chronological order.

The problem with Captain Marvel is thats like a gap of 20 movies before she shows up again. You could do mostly chronological order and then maybe stick Captain Marvel before release order but well after chronological order.

But that's not an issue at all when you are binging the movies.

But that's not an issue at all when you are binging the movies.

True. The CNET version puts Captain Marvel later in the series because you don't really get the full impact of who Coulson and Fury are until much later. It's strictly a matter of preference, but I'm doing the CNET version.

Just finished Captain America TFA and Agent Carter. I liked Agent Carter better than I thought I would. Good show.

True. The CNET version puts Captain Marvel later in the series because you don't really get the full impact of who Coulson and Fury are until much later. It's strictly a matter of preference, but I'm doing the CNET version.

Just finished Captain America TFA and Agent Carter. I liked Agent Carter better than I thought I would. Good show.

That's fair enough. I can see the argument either way. But for those interested, I don't believe that my understanding of the movie was hindered by watching it second in line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom