Davenport and Rankins to IR; Saints sign DE Spence and DT McGill (1 Viewer)

Disagree.

When Brees got hurt, we knew pretty quickly it wasn’t season-ending. The goal was to stay afloat, win the division and hope to be the hot team entering the playoffs when he got back. At the time, we had no idea how good SF was.

Now, we’ve lost to the best team in the NFC to lose the 1-seed, were more likely to end up at 3 than any other spot right now, our defense is a total disaster (thanks to poor play and injuries) and we are nowhere near being the hot team. We are beaten up, playing poorly on defense and are likely going to have to play GB/Minnesota in round one THEN go on the road to Lambeau, SF or Seattle in round 2.

The possibilities we were hoping for, even after Brees’ injury in week 2, are either gone or close to it now.

So we can’t beat an average Gb team with a bottom 10 defense? We can’t beat Minnesota who hasn’t beat ONE team with a winning record? We can’t beat Seattle who we already beat and doesn’t match up well with us? We can’t beat SF who we just hung 40+ on?

It’s actually just as likely that we get the 2 as it is we get the 3. GB hasn’t shown anything that says they’ll win out, but we shall see

Sorry guys I’m knee deep in finals studying and the only thing I can focus on is calculating logarithms. Bare with me ?
Yep, you are living in a bubble all right. Look what the analytic nerds did to the Browns!!!!! Moneyball in the NFL? Please

Thank goodness for Shy Tuttle who was vastly out playing Rankins regardless.
No he wasn't. You guys act like Rankins did nothing. Check out how the Texans ran on us to start the season when Onyemata and Rankins were out. Why do you think we had fresh lineman all the time?

For the life of me I can't understand why people on here devalue Rankins. We will miss him and Davenport badly.

No he wasn't. You guys act like Rankins did nothing. Check out how the Texans ran on us to start the season when Onyemata and Rankins were out. Why do you think we had fresh lineman all the time?

For the life of me I can't understand why people on here devalue Rankins. We will miss him and Davenport badly.

Maybe you should scroll up and read a little. I said I love Rankins, he’s a HUGE asset for us and we will miss him. However, you’re simply wrong. Rankins was being outplayed by Tuttle and its 100% fact. It’s not an opinion.

Of course we will miss him because it negatively impacts our depth. It doesn’t mean Tuttle is a better player. Stop being so emotional. Rankins obviously is still getting back to his normal self.

Davenport will be a huge loss for sure

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom