Davenport and Rankins to IR; Saints sign DE Spence and DT McGill (1 Viewer)

Sorry guys I’m knee deep in finals studying and the only thing I can focus on is calculating logarithms. Bare with me ?

Hahahaha. Just kidding.

But I agree with you. I’m less concerned about Indy on Monday. I think we’ll be fine there. The following Sunday is going to be a brawl.

What was Rankins injury?

Something new or related to the achilles?

Our D-line played well without Rankins this season. Matter of fact, we were just starting to see Rankins getting up to speed and having an impact.

Losing Davenport is a bigger loss. Hendrickson's run stop ability is no where near on a level with Dav's. On top of that, Davenport will now lose MORE time in developing his pass rush.

T-Rex really shouldn't be in on run downs
I think Mario Edwards Jr. will be your Base Right End on most run downs, Hendrickson will come in on 3rd downs and passing situations.

Granderson will spell them, and Spence will be purely a speed edge rusher on 3rd & longs, or if the Saints have a two score lead and the other team is purely in pass mode.

It's by committee now, I'm more interested in seeing the 3-tech Rotation. As the Saints have a lot of more stout Nose type players. (Malcolm Brown, Tuttle) but not a lot of agile 3 tech guys outside of Rankins. Onyemetta will get the majority of the snaps now, but who spells him is my question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom