Davenport and Roby restructured (1 Viewer)

Why would you bring in another WR with everyone coming back in three to six weeks? Run the same type of offense that you used to beat Green Bay. It’s not like you’re playing four juggernauts on either offense or defensive the next four weeks. The WFT is the strongest defense you will face in the next month.
If Callaway went down right now, your question would answer itself. It remains to be seen if TQS will become more than a blocker with Winston. Harris is dangerous but it’s just situational in regards to offense. And who knows what other dings lay ahead - it’s a long season. And to your point about the defenses coming up, I think this team is eying more than we originally thought and it’s now been shown that even CGM can be stopped vs a post season D. I doubt we are bringing in someone but I don’t think for a moment that Sean is “satisfied” when it comes to offense.

Because MT isn't back yet and it will take a minute for him to get back up to speed. TQS is hurt often and Harris has had some injuries as well. After that you have Lil Jordan, Hogan & Montgomery. Not exactly a great lineup. Yes they can be effective, but if Marquez gets hurt then it looks alot worse.

Edit: Another member just reminded me about Stills. I wasn't even thinking about him. My bad. But it still remains to be seen if he can be productive for us.
Oh ye of little faith. Remind me never to go into a foxhole with any of you. Lol.

Davenport restructured? He should be playing for free and give the money he earned back.
I can’t get mad at a guy for getting banged-up… it’s just bad luck. Davenport is a very talented player, and if he can just get right, and stay right, for an extended time… he is elite.

I’m just hoping he gets back healthy and proves a lot of folks wrong. Like I said, all he has to do is get healthy and stay healthy because his talent will shine.

I can’t get mad at a guy for getting banged-up… it’s just bad luck. Davenport is a very talented player, and if he can just get right, and stay right, for an extended time… he is elite.

I’m just hoping he gets back healthy and proves a lot of folks wrong. Like I said, all he has to do is get healthy and stay healthy because his talent will shine.
Been saying this for 4 years. Same old story. I know how talented he is. Most others do as well. But the shear unfortunate fate of him always missing time and cannot be counted on, a team has to move on to find his replacement.

Do you believe a company would keep a talented worker in their job for 4 years, if that employee kept missing valuable work time? it is about being available and being counted upon. Davenport has not been that guy.

I really wish him the best. But if the Saints dig deep to pay him a multi-year contract. They deserve what they get. NOTHING!

Let some other team make him a highly paid injured reserve player.

I could see it being a WR. While we remember MT13 as elite, he hasn’t consistently played well in almost 2 years now. Who knows what’s really going on with him. Huge hole at TE also, Juwan looked good week 1 but he’s still young. Donte Harris is a very small frame that is more likely to get injured then stay healthy for a remaining 16 games

To the forum clowns that got butt hurt by my message and could not counter my point, but could only give me a neg rating; thank you! You all totally proved my point.
Davenport should be offered a very lucrative extension. But, that extension should have major incentives tied to playing time and certain performance goals. Games started, total snaps played and Statistical marks being met. He's EXTREMELY talented, but the Saints should try to protect their downside by trying to get him to sign a contract with performance incentives. He would command a huge contract in free agency, so try to get him to agree to a huge contract that's tied to incentives as much as possible.

The clown response is mostly because he's been playing on his rookie deal and has not really been making elite type money. Now, if he was playing on a monster extension now, that would be a big difference.

To the forum clowns that got butt hurt by my message and could not counter my point, but could only give me a neg rating; thank you! You all totally proved my point.
I didn’t negative rep you but I don’t have a problem telling you that this is as much a clown post as the last one. How does neg rep prove any point about Dav.

as for the original clown post, you discount the mans ability when he is healthy and you discount the fact that some people just get hurt more than others. It’s disappointing to all of us when he can’t be out there, but many/most of us are still pulling for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom