Davenport and Roby restructured (1 Viewer)

Been saying this for 4 years. Same old story. I know how talented he is. Most others do as well. But the shear unfortunate fate of him always missing time and cannot be counted on, a team has to move on to find his replacement.

Do you believe a company would keep a talented worker in their job for 4 years, if that employee kept missing valuable work time? it is about being available and being counted upon. Davenport has not been that guy.

I really wish him the best. But if the Saints dig deep to pay him a multi-year contract. They deserve what they get. NOTHING!

Let some other team make him a highly paid injured reserve player.
This is a far better post to your point and I think most on here agree with most of it. Fortunately, as of now he has not been awarded a fat contract.

Been saying this for 4 years. Same old story. I know how talented he is. Most others do as well. But the shear unfortunate fate of him always missing time and cannot be counted on, a team has to move on to find his replacement.

Do you believe a company would keep a talented worker in their job for 4 years, if that employee kept missing valuable work time? it is about being available and being counted upon. Davenport has not been that guy.

I really wish him the best. But if the Saints dig deep to pay him a multi-year contract. They deserve what they get. NOTHING!

Let some other team make him a highly paid injured reserve player.
To the forum clowns that got butt hurt by my message and could not counter my point, but could only give me a neg rating; thank you! You all totally proved my point.
I clowned your post and I'm happy to take the time to elaborate.

First of all, you didn't make a point in your original post. You ignorantly claimed that players should be held responsible (financially by "playing for free and giving money back") for where they are drafted as it relates to how often they are injured - which is out of their control.

The Saints haven't given him a lucrative contract yet and clearly still value his contributions to the team. Davenport has been on and off the field which is frustrating, but by all accounts he's putting in the work and he's shown his potential. To say that he should give the Saints a refund is insulting Davenport. I think an incentive-laden post rookie deal is the compromise between MD and the Saints, but regardless I'm pulling for his successes as a Saint.

Why do I feel if we give Davenport a huge deal he’ll spend most of it hurt but if another team does the injuries stop and he’ll turn into Reggie White?

I can see SP making move for Jaylon Smith and/or David njoku. Kenny Stills smart player knows our play book. Njoku would open things up in seam, JJ would flex wr/te.

Davenport restructured? He should be playing for free and give the money he earned back.
You could make that argument against Thomas over the last two years. MT should return a good deal of the first two years of his contract because he is not on the field producing anything. Davenport to his credit doesn't bring the unnecessary drama that MT does. They are two different players one proven and one isn't but the time missed is equally disappointing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom