Davenport article "He's sick of close" (1 Viewer)

I've noticed this all this season. He seems to have been damn near a half step short of getting the sack like a dozen times already. He's soooo close to being a the dominant force we drafted him to be. Hopefully he makes that, what seems like a minor, adjustment and becomes the double digit sack disruptive DE he should be.

I've noticed this all this season. He seems to have been damn near a half step short of getting the sack like a dozen times already. He's soooo close to being a the dominant force we drafted him to be. Hopefully he makes that, what seems like a minor, adjustment and becomes the double digit sack disruptive DE he should be.
That's why they are trying to get him used to 'techniquing' his way to the QB rather than rely on just his own strength and athleticism. If technique gets him that one step that he's short of getting to the QB, then he is certainly going to be worth the extra pick for him.

Our D-line has one sack the past two games. And I've never been more excited about that group since the Glover, Hand, Joe Johnson and Darren Howard days. The pressure is there, and Dennis Allen is right, the stats and sacks will come.

Last edited:
Our D-line has one sack the past two games. And I've never been more excited about that group since the Glover, Hand, Joe Johnson and Darren Howard. The pressure is there, and Dennis Allen is right, the stats and sacks will come.
That sack on Dak in that final drive on Sunday should have all but ended the hopes of the Cowboys, but they got out of the hole. Those are the times we need to nail to coffin shut!

Part of it has to be that Russell and Dak are athletic and have pocket awareness.

Yeah Davenport was getting to Dak often. He needs to have a first step to get off faster. A swim move, a spin move it something. Need to get the Defensive Line coach to help him get off faster. A technique that mirrors how Mack has. Just quick and make the O lineman scratch his head like " dang this guy is quick and got me stumbling"

Wilson is incredible and so hard to catch. Buys time and throws great on the run. He may be having an MVP year.

Dallas has a very good offensive line, but, IMO they benefit from their reputation and got some favorable officiating. It's frustrating to watch the replays and see non-calls. I have to admit, the calls on our line were legit. But Dallas got away with similar, if not worse, holds. I'm amazed we overcame that and pulled out the win.

The sacks are going to come starting with Tampa. We should get a few on Winston.

Wilson is incredible and so hard to catch. Buys time and throws great on the run. He may be having an MVP year.

Dallas has a very good offensive line, but, IMO they benefit from their reputation and got some favorable officiating. It's frustrating to watch the replays and see non-calls. I have to admit, the calls on our line were legit. But Dallas got away with similar, if not worse, holds. I'm amazed we overcame that and pulled out the win.

The sacks are going to come starting with Tampa. We should get a few on Winston.

c263180fd10832bc6f41ef553353f70bbaf672ecb22ad1be953a3c63b7bcde0e.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom