David Johnson moves on... (1 Viewer)

Makes me think the Baylor RB is doing just fine at the moment
You know what, I watched a lot of film on the rookie and I’m really impressed. From what I understand he was a LB that they converted and when he runs the ball he runs with linebacker aggressiveness. On highlight film, this guy can do anything you would want a RB to do. I think he can possibly surprise a lot of people.

Sounds like the Saints made an offer based on what they saw and their need taken in to consideration. That didn’t line up with DJ’s wishes so he declined. Such is the business of football. Anything else is probably just overthinking it.

True. I think of him as a Chris Warren type. He got worn the heck down as a bell cow back, but if he could stomach taking a backup job to a generational talent, he could probably extend his career another 2-3 years.
He only had over 200 rushing attempts twice in his career so believe it has more to do with having that one great season then he had the freak wrist injury in game 1. I had him in fantasy both years so I remember them quite well. Highest of highs and lowest of 💩’s lol. After that he never showed those dominant traits again and has been very average ever since.

Hes pretty much finished anyway. Rather see what the Saints have in this Rookie or hopefully Saints find someone better to sign.

The fact N.O didnt view him as a better option then Ingram is very telling.

Johnson at this point should just enjoy his health and walk away from football

Nothing against Johnson but his best days are way behind him. The Saints could get similar talent/production for much less. Having a vet is always nice because they don't make as many mistakes but I'd be willing to deal with some growing pains with a younger RB who is just as good or better with the ball in his hands for less money.

Hes pretty much finished anyway. Rather see what the Saints have in this Rookie or hopefully Saints find someone better to sign.

The fact N.O didnt view him as a better option then Ingram is very telling.

Johnson at this point should just enjoy his health and walk away from football

I dont think any front office would view Johnson as a better option than Ingram at this point. Johnson hasn't been a relevant back for some time now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom