N/S David Tepper Wants $650M to Renovate Panthers Stadium ( Money Approved) (1 Viewer)

Tepper is just the type of owner that will throw a temper tantrum and move the team on a whim.

I know they are a divisional rival, but I truly feel sorry for Panthers fans that have to deal with a guy like him potentially throwing out legitimate relocation threats. No fanbase deserves the hurt of relocation.

Tepper is just the type of owner that will throw a temper tantrum and move the team on a whim.

I know they are a divisional rival, but I truly feel sorry for Panthers fans that have to deal with a guy like him potentially throwing out legitimate relocation threats. No fanbase deserves the hurt of relocation.
Eh. I’m glad they’re gonna take 4th in the division for the foreseeable future.

It’s kinda funny how much the Panthers image would have changed if they had won even one of their two Super Bowl appearances.
They would have developed a following and a spot in the ecosystem of the League and Tepper would have no reason to threaten relocation.

If Tepper moves the Panthers, it will be to San Diego. IMO
The San Diego Panthers. Sounds good
Nope. San Diego will never spend the cash to lure in and/or build the nfl a new stadium. Not gonna happen. San Diego doesn’t need an nfl team to attract tourism and business. Nor will any California city give a tax giveaway like that because then others will want the same thing.

No politician wants a NFL team to move during their tenure.
So Tepper's political "shakedown" power-play or inferred threat to relocate worked while simultaneously he's been one of the worst, least successful owners since taking control in 2017?

So Tepper's political "shakedown" power-play or inferred threat to relocate worked while simultaneously he's been one of the worst, least successful owners since taking control in 2017?
Yeah. No city wants to lose a NFL team.
It’s a status symbol.

On the surface from what I've seen is that Tepper wanted $650 Million to renovate the current stadium with a 15 year extension to stay, or else.

Online polls were 85% disapproval to the proposal. Doesn't matter what the taxpayers think. Maybe they don't know what's best long term for the City/State.

City Council voted Monday to go all in at $800 Million with a 20 year extension. A slight win getting the extra 5 year commitment.

Nobody wants to see their team leave, especially the politicians while on their watch, considering what it would take to lure a team back would be considerably more.

The Saints lease with the Superdome and the current ongoing renovations the Saints lease was extended 5 years through 2030 with an agreement that the team would pay 1/3rd the cost of the proposed renovations. At the time cost estimates were a total of $450 Million with the Saints agreeing to pay $150 Million, however, costs increased another $100 Million which upped the Saints commitment another $33 Million. The Saints and the State are now in unison with terms.

For anyone who hasn't been inside the Superdome lately I think you will be quite impressed with the changes seen as recent as the 2023 Saints season. As of the end of last season, the renovations were about 50% completed for the 2025 Super Bowl. Since Katrina in 2005 the Superdome has undergone roughly a billion dollars in repairs and renovations. The current renovations to the ole gal should be near completion by the end of the 2024 Saints season. Getting the Saints to sign another long term lease to stay in New Orleans and in the Superdome should be priority #1 for the city and the state. 2030 will be here in the blink of an eye.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom