David Thomas looks like a steal for a 7th rounder *so far*!! (1 Viewer)

strief at TE?! :smilielol:
i would kill to see that
Did you watch the Carolina game in the Dome last year? Strief checked in as tackle-eligible on several plays. He won't run a post corner or anything, but he's an extra, large blocker on the line. Definitely a benefit having him there and willing to do that.

make your kill, then check out Sunday's game......Strief came in as #3 Te for several short yardage situations. I wouldnt think they would throw him a pass, but the dude stands 6'8", who knows?

It's whenever you hear a ref say #64 is an eligible receiver.

Shockey is a catch and run tight end, Thomas is a blocking tight end, with catching abilities. Shockey will have 1,000 yards this year, mark my words. He needs to start being more of a real tight end, sometimes he runs more WR routes than TE routes.

Anyhow, for the poster...YES looks like a 7th round pick was a very very very good trade :plus-un2:

Shockey is known as a very good blocker as well as a catch and run tight end and I still don't know about Thomas but coming out of Texas he was known as a pass catching tight end.

Did you watch the Carolina game in the Dome last year? Strief checked in as tackle-eligible on several plays. He won't run a post corner or anything, but he's an extra, large blocker on the line. Definitely a benefit having him there and willing to do that.

I think he was a blocking TE on one of Bell's long runs yesterday and he collapsed the right side of the line.

Great pick up. He will just get better in passing situations. Like this offense needs help.
We will take it. Thanks Pats hope that 7th round in 011 does some good. I thought we would have to use a round 1-4 pick next year for a TE. Now we can use that pick on defense.

Seeing as how we go through TE's like Spinal Tap goes through drummers it's probably going to turn out to be an amazing pick up.

I thought we would have to use a round 1-4 pick next year for a TE. Now we can use that pick on defense.

Very good point. Besides Shockey (and Billy Miller before his injury, who was getting up in age anyway) we didn't have a legitimate TE on the Roster. D. Thomas looked excellent so far with how little practice with the team he has gotten.

Shockey is a catch and run tight end, Thomas is a blocking tight end, with catching abilities. Shockey will have 1,000 yards this year, mark my words. He needs to start being more of a real tight end, sometimes he runs more WR routes than TE routes.

Anyhow, for the poster...YES looks like a 7th round pick was a very very very good trade :plus-un2:

Shockey is a better blocker than Thomas. Thomas is not a dominant blocking TE by any stretch of the imagination. He's serviceable there, and he's an extremely smart player with soft hands who knows how to be in the right place. He's a better receiver than blocker.

Strief is essentially the blocking TE until Dinkins returns. What I want to know is when will Brees throw him a pass? I'd love to see Strief run with the ball! :)

Isn't it nice to have this kind of talent on the team to talk about? Thomas brings a skillset to the offense that is valuable. Payton is smart enough to use that to the teams advantage. Sure he isn't the starter, but with the exception of QB and OL, there are so many interchangeable pieces, it is fun to watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom