Davis Tull (1 Viewer)

Meanwhile Tapp looked pretty effective at DE. Didn't expect anything out of that signing at the time but I could see him making the roster instead of Tull who could benefit from a year on the PS.

I keyed on him as well with the 3s and he should have been better than the 3s. The competition for 53 spots is going to be very tough this year.

Right now he essentially is a bumper 52/53 spot and is competing against every position on the roster for those last 2 spots. Right now I would put him behind Dixon who blew up the punter on special teams as well as behind simply keeping a project like Oneymata or a 4th TE perhaps Allen or a 5th WR perhaps Tommylee or RJ Harris.

It could have just been a bad game, but I would say right now he is playing from behind.

Tull needs to move to SOLB. This would be our best chance at getting real production out of him. Can still drop him down in the nickel and dime but he will never be a down lineman in.l a base formation so it makes little sense. He has all the measureables and athleticism to play SOLB so I don't see why not.

Theres a dropoff from Edebali to Gwacham and then from Gwacham to Tull but the drop is significantly larger from Gwacham to Tull.

The guy has had 20 snaps in his entire career and he's already been written off.

Give him time.

We're talking one preseason game, the 1st preseason game. Tull's coming back from an upper body injury. His jump and blast off the snap was fine, but his hand use and strength at the point of attack was where he got beat. That being said, NO DOUBT, he's gonna be a little behind in terms of everything. This is basically the guys rookie year. I'm not saying he's gonna make the team, or that he's better than that guy or this guy, all I'm saying is wait till at least the 3rd preseason game to stick a fork in a guy.

The guy has had 20 snaps in his entire career and he's already been written off.

Give him time.

Agreed. People are ready to stick a fork in guys like him and Peat, after just one preseason game? Give it time. If he was a vet and didn't produce, I'd be worried, but that's not the case here. These 1st and 2nd year guys need more game time to really evaluate. It's fair to criticize bad play, but to act like a young player is a bust or needs to be cut after the first preseason game, well I think it's a bit premature.

Give him time.
Completely agree with this. Not thinking that he is suited to play with his hand in the dirt. Probably best suited to be a rush lb

What about gwacham? Has someone keyed on him to see if he played well?

Thought Gwacham played pretty well. Surprisingly he made some good plays against the run. Edebali had some nice pass rushes, but was bad against the run. Tull looked like a one-trick pony.

Hopefully he's better in a more wide 9 jack, and we were just being villa 4-3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

He's a project like Onyemata. Not saying he'll eventually turn into something, but it's very unlikely he'll contribute this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom