Davis Tull (1 Viewer)

draftfreak

Dreamer of Dreams
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have been one of his biggest proponents - excited to see what he could do, but I thought he played terribly last night. I watched a lot of his college film and loved him - was excited when we drafted him, but, last night, he did absolutely nothing. I keyed on him a bunch (at least 10 to 12 plays) hoping he would show something special - I saw nothing. He was easily stalemated and blocked out of every single I keyed on him. I want to go back back and watch him more, but I was wholly unimpressed. He might not make the team if doesn't play better than he did last night.

It was either Bobby or Deuce that stated he needs some work, and needs to learn some additional moves. They stated that all he has is speed. So he'll probably come in on an obvious passing down and just use his speed to get past a blocker.

I keyed on him last and rewatched his play on my DVR. He was done the second the opposing OT got their hands on him. His speed rush was easily negated by the OT taking him out wide and his attempts at a bull rush were laughably bad. We need to see more of him before drawing any conclusion.

Yeah, I agree with the OP. Tull looked like he didn't even belong on the field. He looked slow and was often handled by the OL.

I'm also super high on him. But Just remember he's playing in his second or third nfl game. Even a pre season game is a massive jump from anything he saw in Chattanooga. Give him some time. Hes got a ton of upside but he needs to get used to things he'll be fine

First NFL action he's ever seen. Edabali didn't do a whole lot his first preseason game either. Might wanna dial down the definitive statements a bit. See what he does next week and so on and so on.

I also think his measurables suggest he would be better at LB, even though he played DE in college. I don't know if he has trouble in space or what other issues he has with playing LB, but I'd like to see that. I also disagree that he looked slow. I actually thought he looked fast, but the interior line he was playing with wasn't pushing the pocket to help him on the speed rushes. He got close, and if there had been a push from the middle, I think he would've gotten the QB. I agree that he got negated too easily by the OT, and that's partially due to him not being long enough for DE, which is why I think his best bet would be LB. For anyone comparing him to Ninkovich, Tull is much more athletic than Ninkovich, but Ninkovich was built more for DE. I know we badly need DEs, which is why I think the staff wants Tull to play there, but I think Edebali and Gwacham are built better for the position. Tull is too talented to cut and to sit, so I hope they give him a chance at LB.

I also think his measurables suggest he would be better at LB, even though he played DE in college. I don't know if he has trouble in space or what other issues he has with playing LB, but I'd like to see that. I also disagree that he looked slow. I actually thought he looked fast, but the interior line he was playing with wasn't pushing the pocket to help him on the speed rushes. He got close, and if there had been a push from the middle, I think he would've gotten the QB. I agree that he got negated too easily by the OT, and that's partially due to him not being long enough for DE, which is why I think his best bet would be LB. For anyone comparing him to Ninkovich, Tull is much more athletic than Ninkovich, but Ninkovich was built more for DE. I know we badly need DEs, which is why I think the staff wants Tull to play there, but I think Edebali and Gwacham are built better for the position. Tull is too talented to cut and to sit, so I hope they give him a chance at LB.

This was one of the reasons why I don't understand the move to a 4-3 defense. I don't think we lined up with 3 down lineman at all last night. The Patriots run a 3-4, so Ninkovich could be used more effectively there. Tull is definitely not a 4-3 DE.

What about gwacham? Has someone keyed on him to see if he played well?

In the 4-3 I would like to see Full used as a SAM LB and if he's left at DE use him as a 9 tech and see what he can do there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom