Davis Tull (1 Viewer)

Tee08

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't hear Tull's name mentioned much at all during training camp. I just wonder whether he was given ample opportunity to show his worth. At any rate, I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Rob Ninkovich type player. The one that Payton regretfully let go.

Yeah me too, you could see the speed off the ball last year, I think he would have been a good SLB, but who really knows

He had ample opportunity, he just didn't take advantage of them. He was invisible in preseason because he was dominated by blockers. He could be serviceable in a 3-4, but doesn't have the length and/or strength needed to be successful in a 4-3.

He had ample opportunity, he just didn't take advantage of them. He was invisible in preseason because he was dominated by blockers. He could be serviceable in a 3-4, but doesn't have the length and/or strength needed to be successful in a 4-3.

Totally agree, if Tull or Rob Ninkovich was good enough to play on this defense they will be on the team.

Yeah, pretty much think he was a good fit for a 3-4, but doesn't have enough size or length to be a hand in the dirt player. And doesn't offer much in stopping the run.

If you were a GM, you probably wouldn't be looking too hard at a defensive player released by the Saints.

Tull played plenty the past two pre seasons. Did he have any TFL or sacks?
He never looked quick or strong at all. I highly doubt he turns out to be the next ninkovich. No reason he would have gotten looked over at a position of need as a pass rusher.

From the little I saw and heard about Tull in training camp was that he was very underwhelming to downright invisible and very ineffective.

Sometimes when you draft players from smaller schools you hit and then sometimes you have Davis Tull.............:idunno:

He has pass rush traits: He gets off the ball very well. Early in camp reports were he was turning some heads. Pre season games was terribly ineffective. He has a upper tier get off. That is something that can be developed into a contribution. I wouldn't give up on him yet. Would be on my practice squad. Pass rushers don't grow on trees

Another draft pick for which the "vision" was all wrong.

It was a fifth round pick. The numbers show that 43% of fifth round picks don't make it to the second year with the team that drafted them, so its not like this was a huge miss. There were several second, third, and fourth round picks from the last two years let go during this cut down period. Drafting is hard.

Tull has very good measurables, and played well against higher level teams like Tennessee, so I feel that it was a risk worth taking. Like another poster said, pass rushers don't grow on trees. I would be happy for the young man if he could get on a practice squad like say Pittsburgh, and develop into a situational pass rusher, and enjoy a decent career in the league.

Another draft pick for which the "vision" was all wrong.

I agree. Prior to the 2015 draft, most of us fans believed that the team was still running a 3-4 defense. So the draft selection of Tull, Davidson & Kikaha made sense.

But to find out that we're not and will be using him as a DE, that is a head scratcher.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom