Davis Webb - QB - Cal (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What do you guys think about him? His delivery sort of reminds me of Drew. I just started watching him, but he looks fairly accurate.

If there is a Drew in this SB, it is Nate Peterman. Webb has come out looking better than I saw during practice.

He looks absolutely on point in this Senior Bowl. From the write ups on him that I've read, one of the most common critiques I've seen of him is his accuracy is inconsistent, though that may be related to mechanics as bad mechanics seem to be common with QBs coming out of Air Raid-related systems. If so, should be a relatively easy fix sitting on the bench for a few years. Once the Senior Bowl is over, I'll get on YouTube and see if Voch Lombardi has a vid on him. He’s pretty good at discerning that stuff.

With Pat Mahomes stock rising, Davis Webb would be my top choice for a developmental QB. I think Mahomes will got in the 2nd round at the latest.

Webb is one of those guys who will find a way to beat you. The NFL is not too big for him, not even close. In addition to his indomitable spirit, he has a strong arm and a lightning fast release. He can make all the NFL throws.

Look at this face. I want 53 players on my team with that look on their faces.

DavisWebb.jpg

Peterman looked better suited for the NFL to me over Webb.... the short passing game is were you need to be good at to succeed in the NFL.... seemed Webb was accurate on deep balls... Didnt really keep and eye on Webb wasnt expecting something from him... Peterman has the quick realease and yes his footwork was erratic..

From every account I have heard both in writing and on TV, Peterman is the closest thing to Drew coming out of college this year.

Peterman looked unwilling to take shots down the field yesterday, where Davis came in wanting to sling it. From what I saw in yesterday's game, Peterman strikes me more as an Alex Smith. Webb is intriguing. I really don't understand how Trubisky gets top 3 hype and Webb is a "developmental" prospect. Both showed they had NFL arms, NFL touch, but both also played in one-read offenses and have very little starting experience. Similar prospects IMO.

What do you guys think about him? His delivery sort of reminds me of Drew. I just started watching him, but he looks fairly accurate.
He was very quick with getting the ball out, showed accuracy and strength. That guy will be good.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I don't get the infatuation with finding another Drew. I think any type of QB can succeed in our offense as long as they are good. It's a bonus if they are tall or fast. But other than that, just give me a smart, accurate QB with good fundamentals who can process what's happening on the field quickly.

What are y'all saying makes Peterman the next Brees? His size and accuracy on short throws? I just don't understand I guess.

I'd heard nothing about this kid before seeing him play and he was definitely the most impressive QB to play in the Senior Bowl, IMO. I just don't see us using one of our limited picks on a QB unless we really kill it in FA. Next year is a different story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom