Daylight Saving Time Sunday a.m. - 13 things you probably don't know about DST (1 Viewer)

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
We all lose an hour of sleep this weekend....boooooo......hissssss :rant:

13 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Daylight Saving Time

When clocks spring forward, people lose sleep, have more heart attacks, and might not even save energy

By Ben Harder
Posted March 3, 2009

Americans will set their clocks ahead by an hour this weekend, as daylight saving time begins Sunday. "Springing forward" creates another hour of sunlight in the evening. It also has some effects on health and public safety that many people are unaware of. Interesting facts about daylight saving time include:

http://health.usnews.com/articles/h...ly-didnt-know-about-daylight-saving-time.html

Love it when it gets dark at 8 instead of 5. As unbearable as our summers are, I still rather them than the drab winter.

As far as I'm concerned, they can make DST permanent and give us another hour in the summer.

Man, I should move to Arizona, as they don't observe DST. Yes, I am a night owl. I can't stand getting up early in the morning.

its much nicer to drink a good jack in coke in the dark than it is in the daylight...... i vote to abolish dst

Darkness before 7PM is depressing. Darkness at 5:30 is insanity. I love when the sun is out until 8:30, makes me feel full of life. doo doo doo doo i say it's alright.

Indiana adopted DST in 2006.

Correction. Part of Indiana adopted DST in 2006. The civilized portion has observed DST since World War II despite repeated attempts by the slovenly buffoons of the rest of the state to legislate against it.

I prefer an early night myself usually...except those days I would like to sneak in an extra 9 holes. :hihi:

I prefer long days.... Extra time at home for things happening in the growing season....

I spend too much of my life in the dark... and I HATE dark... life happens outside...

Long live DST.... and 100 watt bulbs

Joe

Darkness before 7PM is depressing. Darkness at 5:30 is insanity. I love when the sun is out until 8:30, makes me feel full of life. doo doo doo doo i say it's alright.

We don't start DST for another 3 weeks.

Mid december the sun sets around 3:30 and rises around 8:40 in the morning

Basically I only see the sun through my office window :jpshakehead:

But in the summer the sun doesn't set until 10 PM in the evening

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom