Daylight savings (1 Viewer)

alsaints113

Banned
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Just reminding everybody that tonight is daylight savings when you turn your clock back one hour. We need to all get enough sleep (go to bed on hour early) like Coach Payton says and make sure we aren't one hour late for the game...or one hour late for early morning drinking of mass quantities!

ridgeben

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
They tried to pass a bill in Louisiana last year to get rid of it. The main reason I heard opposing it was that children would have to catch the bus in pitch black if we changed it.

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
>>I hate daylight savings time why do we have it??

They're changing it next year so that we will have more daylight in the evening than in the early morning as Savings time will run from March until November rather than only April through October.

TPS
Really? That's cool... Bums me out too when it's dark at 6pm...

Joe

Randy S

No Jacket Required
Reaction score
yeah, i was thinking about the reason we ended up having time zones (CST, EST, etc.)
It was part of the deal; check out Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving.

On March 19, 1918, the U.S. Congress established several time zones, which had been in use by railroads and most cities since 1883 and made DST official, effective March 31, for the remainder of World War I.

One of the major reasons given for observing DST is energy conservation. Theoretically, the amount of residential electricity needed in the evening hours is dependent both on when the sun sets and when people go to bed. Because people tend to observe the same bedtime year-round, by artificially moving sunset one hour later, the amount of energy used is theoretically reduced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom