Daylight savings (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just reminding everybody that tonight is daylight savings when you turn your clock back one hour. We need to all get enough sleep (go to bed on hour early) like Coach Payton says and make sure we aren't one hour late for the game...or one hour late for early morning drinking of mass quantities!

Wait, I thought the clock goes BACK an hour. So we get an extra hour of sleep?

That's right, one more hour of pating in the quater tonight before we hit the dome tomorrow!!! I am fixin to head to NOLA now!!

Just reminding everybody that tonight is daylight savings when you turn your clock back one hour. We need to all get enough sleep (go to bed on hour early) like Coach Payton says and make sure we aren't one hour late for the game...or one hour late for early morning drinking of mass quantities!
correction today daylight saving ends

Well, you all get the point...TURN YOUR CLOCK BACK!...lmao

I hate daylight savings time why do we have it??

Has something to do with back in the 1800s the railroad companies requested/required it or something to that effect...we really dont need it anymore.

Don't know if I should get to the game an hour early or sleep in.

Yeaaaaa finally i can sleep in for an hour longer and not have to be up at 9 now i can be up at 10 lol......

Karaoke is supposed to end at 3am tonight so all this means is that i get to work an extra hour.

Idea of Daylight Saving Time
franklin.jpg
The idea of daylight saving was first conceived by Benjamin Franklin (portrait at right) during his sojourn as an American delegate in Paris in 1784, in an essay, "An Economical Project." Read more about Franklin's essay.

Some of Franklin's friends, inventors of a new kind of oil lamp, were so taken by the scheme that they continued corresponding with Franklin even after he returned to America.
The idea was first advocated seriously by London builder William Willett (1857-1915) in the pamphlet, "Waste of Daylight" (1907), that proposed advancing clocks 20 minutes on each of four Sundays in April, and retarding them by the same amount on four Sundays in September. As he was taking an early morning a ride through Petts Wood, near Croydon, Willett was struck by the fact that the blinds of nearby houses were closed, even though the sun was fully risen. When questioned as to why he didn't simply get up an hour earlier, Willett replied with typical British humor, "What?" In his pamphlet "The Waste of Daylight" he wrote:
"Everyone appreciates the long, light evenings. Everyone laments their shortage as Autumn approaches; and everyone has given utterance to regret that the clear, bright light of an early morning during Spring and Summer months is so seldom seen or used."

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/index.html

Has something to do with back in the 1800s the railroad companies requested/required it or something to that effect...we really dont need it anymore.

I thought it was because back in the 1800s it gave people more daylight during the summer to work on the harvest. Same reason there's no school in the summer either. Its really not necessary anymore. When was the last time any of you helped with the harvest?

yeah, i was thinking about the reason we ended up having time zones (CST, EST, etc.)

My bad

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom