DBs have a hard time getting at Saints WR Mike Thomas

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

By Deke Bellavia

His Twitter handle is @cantguardmike, and in his first full season in the National Football League, opposing defenses learned quickly that yes, it’s hard to guard Saints WR Michael Thomas!

“I think I had fun out there competing. I feel like I’ve not scratched the surface on what I can do, and I can improve on a lot of things. I’m looking forward to putting in some hard work this off season and getting better,” he told me and Bobby tonight on SportsTalk; he gave his take on his rookie season in Black and Gold, his plans this off season, and things he wants to improve on before 2017.

Thomas said going into his first season, his mindset was on a strong finish. “It’s not about how you start, but how you finish and that was my focus this season. My approach was to go out and play my best each week and try and finish strong. And I had one of the best games of my career late in the season.” Thomas torched the Atlanta Falcons by hauling in 10 receptions for 156 yards and a touchdown.

Thomas had a record breaking season with the Saints, putting up some impressive numbers for their high scoring offense. He led the team with 92 catches for 1,137 yards and nine touchdowns. Thomas gave praise to his coaches and fellow Wide Receivers for helping him adjust to the NFL. “We all try and compete with ourselves and motivate each other to get better. I think all of the guys in our WR group are great athletes. Our coaching is good and we are a good group.”

Full Story - WWL.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom