DC/Arrowverse upcoming shows (1 Viewer)

OP

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tried all of the DC shows and none of them are great outside of maybe the first two season of Arrow, but I think LOT may be the best of all of them since it doesn't take itself too seriously.
Yeah, LOT has been the best of the bunch outside of the early seasons of Arrow. I liked early Flash as well. The rest has been average at best to downright annoying. They feel like they're written by inexperienced writers and for teen audiences, except teens should deserve and expect better. None of my 4 teens have watched any of them. They like Marvel, but have zero interest in DC.

I've long been a fan of DC and used to read the comics when I was younger. I just think the shows haven't been doing the franchise justice at least since the first crossover show. I think another studio would be better off making them. CW isn't the right home for DC, imo.

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
So I only saw the first couple of Batwoman episodes, but I just read an article detailing how the season 2 storyline has worked around Kate Kane no longer being played by Ruby Rose.

Yeesh. It sounds absolutely horrible. Like, hilariously bad, overdramatic, and overcomplicated.

OP

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I only saw the first couple of Batwoman episodes, but I just read an article detailing how the season 2 storyline has worked around Kate Kane no longer being played by Ruby Rose.

Yeesh. It sounds absolutely horrible. Like, hilariously bad, overdramatic, and overcomplicated.
It's been awful. Kate is dead, no she isn't, but she is...isn’t...is too...who even cares anymore.

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
It's been awful. Kate is dead, no she isn't, but she is...isn’t...is too...who even cares anymore.
They could have killed her off, wrote her off as passing the torch and going to search for Bruce, or just recast her (which it sounds like they kind of have anyway, just in a REALLY convoluted way). All of these misdirects and narrative hoops were so unnecessary.

If they wanted to keep Kate Kane on the show, just recast her. It might take some getting used to in the (very) short-term, but viewers were aware that Ruby Rose left the show. They would have understood.

Heck, Marvel has recast TWO freaking Avengers!

OP

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They could have killed her off, wrote her off as passing the torch and going to search for Bruce, or just recast her (which it sounds like they kind of have anyway, just in a REALLY convoluted way). All of these misdirects and narrative hoops were so unnecessary.

If they wanted to keep Kate Kane on the show, just recast her. It might take some getting used to in the (very) short-term, but viewers were aware that Ruby Rose left the show. They would have understood.

Heck, Marvel has recast TWO freaking Avengers!

Yeah, CW continues to turn what would be pretty huge series into trash. LOT is the closest thing to a successful long term series, and even that is coming apart a bit now. It's not really a casting issue. It's terrible writing and unimaginative story telling. CW is playing tiddlywinks with an iconic franchise.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score

And now they've decided to recast the role. Makes no sense.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
So a pretty decent conclusion to Black Lightning with a very nice swerve.

But without a doubt, it amazes me how good Superman and Lois is compared to the other CW shows, even LoT. It's that good.

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
So a pretty decent conclusion to Black Lightning with a very nice swerve.

But without a doubt, it amazes me how good Superman and Lois is compared to the other CW shows, even LoT. It's that good.
I have to catch up with Superman and Lois. Haven't watched since it returned from hiatus, but those first five episodes were well done. It's pretty obvious they have a much bigger budget than the other shows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread