DC/Arrowverse upcoming shows (1 Viewer)

So, I was looking for this thread. Too much searching, lol. Anyway, a few shows have started and about to get going. Batwoman and Black Lightning have started. Superman & Lois is starting in a couple of days and The Flash is starting back up soon.

Black Lightning seems off to a good start this season. I've enjoyed the show.

S&L seems like it could have some potential. I'll be watching for sure. Always liked Superman.

The Flash has been more good than bad, although it's had a pretty good run. I've always liked The Flash, and loved the comics when I was a kid.

Supergirl is more meh than good, but I still watch. So, the Supergirl actress had a revealing appearance in Homeland. I know it's old news, but still, my first time watching was pretty recent. :eek:

Looking forward to Legends of Tomorrow returning. Probably my favorite DC show.
I bailed on s2 of Black Lightning- just could never get hooked

I might check out Superman and Lois. Bailed on Black Lightning because it just never grabbed me. Gave Supergirl many tries and it has its ups and downs at the beginning, but then the creative team decided it was just going to ham-fistedly lecture you about current events for 45 minutes a week so I bailed on that, too. Batwoman was a very bad show that managed to get worse after the Ruby Rose bouncing/forced to recast fiasco. Flash was pretty unwatchable last season and has been in a general downward trend for a few seasons now. Even Legends of Tomorrow, which was always my favorite felt a little too tryhard last season. Stargirl was legitimately great, but I worry about how much it will suffer without having the bigger budget behind it. One of the biggest obstacles these shows face is CW budgets.

In truth I'd be shocked in Batwoman makes it another year. And if rumors are true LoT is never really safe until it's officially renewed again.

Wouldn't shock me to see them regroup and rebuild around Superman and Lois and Stargirl to move forward.

I might check out Superman and Lois. Bailed on Black Lightning because it just never grabbed me. Gave Supergirl many tries and it has its ups and downs at the beginning, but then the creative team decided it was just going to ham-fistedly lecture you about current events for 45 minutes a week so I bailed on that, too. Batwoman was a very bad show that managed to get worse after the Ruby Rose bouncing/forced to recast fiasco. Flash was pretty unwatchable last season and has been in a general downward trend for a few seasons now. Even Legends of Tomorrow, which was always my favorite felt a little too tryhard last season. Stargirl was legitimately great, but I worry about how much it will suffer without having the bigger budget behind it. One of the biggest obstacles these shows face is CW budgets.

In truth I'd be shocked in Batwoman makes it another year. And if rumors are true LoT is never really safe until it's officially renewed again.

Wouldn't shock me to see them regroup and rebuild around Superman and Lois and Stargirl to move forward.

They renewed all the shows except the two that got cancelled.

They renewed all the shows except the two that got cancelled.

Apparently they did. Looks like they just decided to renew their whole slate. Which is weird, because Batwoman is not a cheap to produce show relative to their other stuff (All-American, Riverdale, Dynasty, Walker, etc.) and it's doing ratings that are hovering at the 500k mark which is actually below some of those.

Apparently they did. Looks like they just decided to renew their whole slate. Which is weird, because Batwoman is not a cheap to produce show relative to their other stuff (All-American, Riverdale, Dynasty, Walker, etc.) and it's doing ratings that are hovering at the 500k mark which is actually below some of those.

Yeah, I'm definitely interested in Batwoman, but how they've done it the first 2 seasons has been underwhelming. I'm still watching because I got nothing better to do, lmao.

I've already got the DVR set to record Superman. I've been waiting very patiently for this. I hope they don't screw it up.

I've already got the DVR set to record Superman. I've been waiting very patiently for this. I hope they don't screw it up.

Yep, just set mine today. I couldn't actually search for it. Had to find it in the guide.

Ant thoughts on the premiere pf Flash?

For me, it's becoming a little too comical for me.

Ant thoughts on the premiere pf Flash?

For me, it's becoming a little too comical for me.
I thought it was ok. This was likely supposed to be last season's finale. I can feel myself losing interest, though. The heavy focus on Iris, the loss of Wells, a meh villain...just apathy setting in.

I did like Superman and Lois. However, those kids are already starting to get on my nerves.

I really want Iris to die...

Is no one else watching Pennyworth? I think it's the second best DC show behind Doom Patrol. It's awesome.
Very much off-topic but could you ever imagine Netflix or Hulu maybe doing a Wolverine origins prequel sort of TV series where Logan has this vicious, unkillable, feared reputation like Sonny in Into the Badlands. How does Wolverine the character itself factor into the long-term plans of X-Men movies or MCU-streaming TV series? Hugh Jackman is the figurative, !literal on-screen visual representation for Wolverine for this generation and maybe impossible to replace but any reboot/reimagining of X-Men series or movies eventually has to mention or include "Canadian Crippler" or his daughter, X-23. His character is just too integral to the X-Men in the popular imagination. Its because of characters like Wolverine that I began liking X-Men comics growing up and I'm far from the only one who feels that way.

These beginning episodes of the Flash Season 7 were just terrible. While suffering through last night's episode, I wanted to be able to fast forward a live airing of it. I am hopeful, though. Now that we're past that mirror bullshirt, maybe the rest of the season can be salvaged. I know they had to wrap up season 6 because of the rona, so I'll give them a pass, but man....the writers almost made me turn it off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom