DC/Arrowverse upcoming shows (3 Viewers)

These beginning episodes of the Flash Season 7 were just terrible. While suffering through last night's episode, I wanted to be able to fast forward a live airing of it. I am hopeful, though. Now that we're past that mirror bullshirt, maybe the rest of the season can be salvaged. I know they had to wrap up season 6 because of the rona, so I'll give them a pass, but man....the writers almost made me turn it off.

Was the mirror mess supposed to be finished last season? If that's the case I might give them a pass as well. I'm just tired of crap focusing on Iris so damn much. That's why I stopped watching Arrow.

Was the mirror mess supposed to be finished last season? If that's the case I might give them a pass as well. I'm just tired of crap focusing on Iris so damn much. That's why I stopped watching Arrow.
Yep and wish they had wrapped it up in the first episode and been done with it. The resolution of it was ridiculous.

You stopped watching Arrow because they focused too much on Iris?

j/k. I know what you meant, and I completely agree. I don't understand why these shows feel the need to revolve around the love interest over the the series' actual namesake.

You stopped watching Arrow because they focused too much on Iris?

j/k. I know what you meant, and I completely agree. I don't understand why these shows feel the need to revolve around the love interest over the the series' actual namesake.

Because despite the superhero trappings and promise showed by the first couple of seasons of Arrow and Flash, at their heart they're still CW shows with limited budgets and their bread and butter as a network is schlocky interpersonal drama that appeals to dramatic high schoolers. I just can't with these shows anymore. They're just so badly written. It's horrible.

I'm still really worried about Stargirl because of this. It was legitimately good with a real budget and non CW writers.

Because despite the superhero trappings and promise showed by the first couple of seasons of Arrow and Flash, at their heart they're still CW shows with limited budgets and their bread and butter as a network is schlocky interpersonal drama that appeals to dramatic high schoolers. I just can't with these shows anymore. They're just so badly written. It's horrible.

I'm still really worried about Stargirl because of this. It was legitimately good with a real budget and non CW writers.
Yeah, I am very concerned about Stargirl.

Yeah, the only reason I watch is because other than Pennyworth, what other DC TV shows are there? I appreciate that CW took this on as a project because I'm not sure anyone other than Disney wants to mess with it. I wonder why another studio network won't take this on. I refuse to watch any other shows on CW.

And yeah, worried about Stargirl as well. So much potential. If they ruin that show...ugh.

And really, tbh, my expectations were already somewhat low, but the current crop is terrible, mostly. I'm actually still watching Batwoman, and it's legitimately better than The Flash. But Batwoman is a mess too. Feels like a chore watching cringy moment after cringy moment.

Alice is literally the only decent part of the show.

Yeah, I'm just hoping that Johns' personal connection to Stargirl will help save it from its demise. The only show where I can see this working normally is Superman and Lois considering Lois has most recently (meaning in the last few decades) been a stronger character in the comics so focusing on her once in a while isn't an issue. But who cared about Iris West before the CW and no one knew a Felicity Smoak.

Yeah, the only reason I watch is because other than Pennyworth, what other DC TV shows are there? I appreciate that CW took this on as a project because I'm not sure anyone other than Disney wants to mess with it. I wonder why another studio network won't take this on. I refuse to watch any other shows on CW.

And yeah, worried about Stargirl as well. So much potential. If they ruin that show...ugh.

And really, tbh, my expectations were already somewhat low, but the current crop is terrible, mostly. I'm actually still watching Batwoman, and it's legitimately better than The Flash. But Batwoman is a mess too. Feels like a chore watching cringy moment after cringy moment.

Alice is literally the only decent part of the show.

Safiyah is good and I like the adopted sister.

So I've pretty much bailed on all of these shows (I'll give Stargirl a watch when it returns and hope it maintains the quality) due to them turning into the drizzling sheets, but there seems to be more behind the scenes drama as it looks like Dominic Purcell is bouncing from Legends of Tomorrow under less than pleasant circumstances. Posted the following to his Instagram (you can find the direct link, but I'm not embedding it due to language):

"Deal isn't done. I have no interest. What ever cash they throw on the corporate level. Im walking away from [DC's Legends of Tomorrow]. It's been a total pleasure and a humbling experience bringing @dccomics iconic character #heatwave (aka) MICK RORY to life. I smashed this character— not an actor in the world could have done better. FACT…. Such a funny vajayjay 🤣🤣🤣……..Time to move on and see how sheet unfolds. [Caity Lotz, Nick Zano] look after the kids coming through. They need education. They are a number— teach them to not rely on loyalty from the studio. The studio does not care. The actors work ethic and talent must give them the confidence to question authority. ….Much love to all. It's not lost on me how very fortunate I am. …..ACTORS HIT ME UP ON DM,"

So I've pretty much bailed on all of these shows (I'll give Stargirl a watch when it returns and hope it maintains the quality) due to them turning into the drizzling sheets, but there seems to be more behind the scenes drama as it looks like Dominic Purcell is bouncing from Legends of Tomorrow under less than pleasant circumstances. Posted the following to his Instagram (you can find the direct link, but I'm not embedding it due to language):
Yeah, I saw that a few min ago. Gonna miss the comic relief he brought to the show.

Tbh, I'd like to see the DC shows move to another studio. I wonder if Netflix or HBO would have an interest? I think the current crop of shows has been handcuffed by CW. The shows are not near the quality they were in those first 2-3 seasons. Batwoman was never very good to begin with. I liked early Flash/Arrow and LOT. I still watch here and there, but not really enthusiastic. Marvel/Disney is so far ahead of them, it's beyond compare now.

Tbh, I'd like to see the DC shows move to another studio. I wonder if Netflix or HBO would have an interest? I think the current crop of shows has been handcuffed by CW. The shows are not near the quality they were in those first 2-3 seasons. Batwoman was never very good to begin with. I liked early Flash/Arrow and LOT. I still watch here and there, but not really enthusiastic. Marvel/Disney is so far ahead of them, it's beyond compare now.

You would think HBO would be a natural fit since they are also owned by CBS/Viacom. Also, they are already doing a good job with Doom Patrol and Titans. Also, for some reason they have the Batwoman show on HBO Max. (And I agree that Alice is the best part of that show.)

As I mentioned in another thread, I only recently started watching the Arrowverse shows on Netflix and I might have saved myself some time had I read this thread first. As many have said, these shows seem to start out good, but quickly fall off because of bad writing and focus on love interests. Legends of Tomorrow is holding my interest, at least for now, but I can see how it could go off the rails. Also, all the crossover stuff is off putting when you are watching it long after the shows aired since I don't know what went on in the other shows at the time. Stuff just pops up that I have no idea where it came from. Maybe it worked when they were airing live, but it doesn't work a few years after they aired live.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom