DC coach candidate - Jim Leavitt 49ers linebacker coach? (1 Viewer)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
What are the chances of this guy being the one, or one of the ones, SP has his eye on for new DC? He's been linebacker coach for the Niners for the last two seasons. I've not heard many mentions of Leavitt in the new DC stakes.

:scratch:

Because the other two position coaches have a lot more experience. The DL coach was acting HC before.. and I think maybe a DC elsewhere?

No way man. Patrick Willis and NaVarro Bowman aren't beasts because they're well coached. It could and may very well help that they have (potentially) a good coach, but thats how we got Spags. He made the Giants pass rush the most feared in the league. No he didn't. The players did.

No way man. Patrick Willis and NaVarro Bowman aren't beasts because they're well coached. It could and may very well help that they have (potentially) a good coach, but thats how we got Spags. He made the Giants pass rush the most feared in the league. No he didn't. The players did.

I'm trying to remember if the Falcons defense under Ed Donatell was any good, when Jim Mora Jr was HC 2004-2006.

I'm trying to remember if the Falcons defense under Ed Donatell was any good, when Jim Mora Jr was HC 2004-2006.

I was thinking the same. And wasn't he at the packers before or after that?

You think we would hire a Defensive Coordinator with a scandalous history?

I doubt it.

I was thinking the same. And wasn't he at the packers before or after that?

He had a pretty good record I've just looked it up, 14th (2004), 11th (2005) and 11th (2006).

And the Saints were 32nd on defense in 2004 :covri:

I'm pretty sure that Payton isn't going to want another potential loose cannon as his new DC. I'm sorry to judge Leavitt but his history suggests that a team that has just suffered the penalties that the Saints did shouldn't give the benefit of the doubt to anybody with Leavitt's past.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom