DC's Batwoman (1 Viewer)

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic/ghost
Reaction score
I searched and didn't see a thread for Batwoman so I'm starting one because I think I know what's happening in the latest episode and it's because of Stargate SG:1. In the latest episode we see that Beth from an alternate universe has joined Earth Prime. At the very end we see that both Alice and herself are hurting. Then in the preview they say one must live and one must die. Here's the Stargate reference, they are going through Entropic Cascade Failure and yes I remembered this as I saw it happen to them in the episode. You can't have two variants of the same person occupying the same reality. This never was a problem before but it is clearly one they are rolling with now.

I keep saying this is the last episode I'm watching, but I've watched them all somehow. :covri: I'm not really a fan, but I'm still watching. Weird.

I guess I'm easy to please because I'm liking all the DC shows right now.

Yeah, Batwoman is the one I like the least. I'd put the order LOT, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Batwoman. Flash and Arrow swap spots every now and then. The rest are pretty consistently how I see it. Black Lightning is pretty good but I haven't started the second season yet. Waiting for it to come out on Netflix.

Yeah, Batwoman is the one I like the least. I'd put the order LOT, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Batwoman. Flash and Arrow swap spots every now and then. The rest are pretty consistently how I see it. Black Lightning is pretty good but I haven't started the second season yet. Waiting for it to come out on Netflix.

I would reverse the Batwoman and Supergirl ratings and I'd have to figure out where Black Lightning falls but I would otherwise agree with your ranking. Edit; Black Lightning last but I still like the show so these are similar to my Dream Theater rankings in that the worst one is still good.

So what I'm predicting is that both Alice and Beth are dying because you can't have doubles of the same matter occupying the same space at the time. They will use the word entropy and something similar to cascade failure.

I haven't watched not one episode of Batwoman. It just seems another version of Supergirl and I gave up on that as well.

Big shakeup coming. I was never impressed with her...

Same, it's been a pretty lackluster first season. She really wasn't a good fit imo. It's a meh show, regardless who is the main character. Director and writers have to do better.

Never tuned in. Probably will keep that streak going.

I searched and didn't see a thread for Batwoman so I'm starting one because I think I know what's happening in the latest episode and it's because of Stargate SG:1. In the latest episode we see that Beth from an alternate universe has joined Earth Prime. At the very end we see that both Alice and herself are hurting. Then in the preview they say one must live and one must die. Here's the Stargate reference, they are going through Entropic Cascade Failure and yes I remembered this as I saw it happen to them in the episode. You can't have two variants of the same person occupying the same reality. This never was a problem before but it is clearly one they are rolling with now.
Also
2 MCs can’t occupy the same space at the same time
It’s against the laws of physics
- L Hill

I think there are two main factors are at play:

1. She was really bad. This cannot be overstated. She was terrible in the role. Troma movies have better acting. And she never improved. I found the show unwatchable but would check in periodically to see if there was improvement and....it never came.

2. I'm sure she commanded a decent price tag for a CW show due to Orange is the New Black and the show ended up with very mediocre ratings. If the rumors about why Brandon Routh left Legends of Tomorrow are accurate they're running these things on shoestring budgets. So low ratings plus (relative) high pay for star likely resulted in another "this show has to cut the budget to survive scenario. This was supposed to be a big one for them (Bat franchise, debuting in the crossover, etc.) but it never delivered in terms of ratings or buzz. It may actually be the lowest rated CW DC show. I'll have to check the numbers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom