DC's Legends of Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I've liked them all. It took some growing on me at first, but after that, I've enjoyed almost all of it.
Whatever ratio of wackiness to seriousness that seasons 2-3 had is what I want, even 4. I'm just not feeling the serious part of the storyline this season. Maybe that's my issue.

OP
Torgo

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
Lol, the last 2 weeks have been hilarious as hell...

Last week the ladies started their own sorority and this week, the gang is in London fighting zombies (Mick beat up several using an arm), and Gary is stuck w/ Gideon trying to get the Waverider back from the Fates...

Gary to Gideon, 'We should have our own spinoff. (sings) Gideon and Gary, havin' adventures, solvin' problems, and savin' the woorororld!'

Welp: this last episode went dark real quick towards the end...
Yeah, it got dark, but I'm sure it will get "fixed" in typical Legends fashion. Meaning, fixed, but screwed up in some way.

I'll admit I haven't really been feeling this season much, as well. I still adore the show, but it has been obvious they are hamstrung by its budget constraints. I've only kept up with this show and The Flash, but it feels like the whole Arrowverse has suffered greatly post-Crisis.

Storywise, not a fan of this Zari, but love the Mick/Lita stuff. Losing Ray and Nora hurt, but this last episode gave us"human" Gideon and I'll never get tired of that. So, it's been a mixed bag.

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This season hasn't held my attention as much as the past couple. It's been more of an "on in the background" show lately. It might be the shuffling of characters. The show has always done that, and was made MUCH better when the Hawkpeople rotated out. But I spent most of the season feeling like I'd missed an episode or something. Relationships and characters felt totally different. I also miss Ray and Nora (and Brandon Routh apparently wasn't a fan of the way they handled their leaving). In the end, still entertaining. But a clear dip. Hopefully it bounces back.

Did anybody catch Stargirl? The budget was definitely higher, being a pilot and originally made for DC Universe. There could be some potential there.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Did anybody catch Stargirl? The budget was definitely higher, being a pilot and originally made for DC Universe. There could be some potential there.
Definitely a higher budget on the DCU shows. You'll notice it when they start replaying Swamp Thing as well. They invested a decent amount into DCU before WB decided to through everything behind HBO Max.

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Swamp Thing was pretty great. Especially the cliffhanger. Tragic that they cancelled it before the first episode even aired.

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely a higher budget on the DCU shows. You'll notice it when they start replaying Swamp Thing as well. They invested a decent amount into DCU before WB decided to through everything behind HBO Max.
It's evident as well in Titans and Doom Patrol.

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Doom Patrol is my favorite DC show over Legends and it isn't close. That show is supremely excellent. How would you rate Swamp Thing to it?
Doom Patrol is awesome, it's a mind trip of its own, not as insane as Legion, but it's completely bonkers and has some hysterical moments. Mr. Nobody is a very unique villain. Swamp Thing was good, the gore was fun, but b/c it got canceled, I can't compare it w/ Doom Patrol going forward. I wonder how watered down it's going to be on the CW now.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Doom Patrol is awesome, it's a mind trip of its own, not as insane as Legion, but it's completely bonkers and has some hysterical moments. Mr. Nobody is a very unique villain. Swamp Thing was good, the gore was fun, but b/c it got canceled, I can't compare it w/ Doom Patrol going forward. I wonder how watered down it's going to be on the CW now.
I think of Mr. Nobody as pretty much DC's Deadpool with the 4th wall crossing. Also, do you mean Legion the X-Men show?

Sun Wukong

The Richest Duck in the World
Reaction score
Just watched the pilot and yeah, the production value was much higher than a CW original show. I enjoyed it, but I'm a sucker for anything even tangentially related to the Justice Society.

Also, they've got Sportsmaster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GNO Inc.'s Michael Hecht: Responding today, winning tomorrow Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom