DC's Legends of Tomorrow (4 Viewers)

I found it a little campy and a lot of the action felt rushed. It's like they had action for the sake of action not because it organically fit. Especially that bar scene that was the most contrived nonsense. We didn't need a scene showing us how tough she is, we already know that.

That being said it's a pilot and it can be hard to squeeze everything you need in one so they can get too packed. It's also hard to nail characterization because you haven't fully developed them all yet.

I also feel like there's just too many people. I was struggling to remember where everyone was and at times people really did disappear in scenes. I think they are setting it up to move the brothers off by the end of the season. A new Prison Break has been announced and no way they can do two shows that are that time consuming so it's likely they are a 1st season only presence in LoT.

I found it a little campy and a lot of the action felt rushed. It's like they had action for the sake of action not because it organically fit. Especially that bar scene that was the most contrived nonsense. We didn't need a scene showing us how tough she is, we already know that.

That being said it's a pilot and it can be hard to squeeze everything you need in one so they can get too packed. It's also hard to nail characterization because you haven't fully developed them all yet.

I also feel like there's just too many people. I was struggling to remember where everyone was and at times people really did disappear in scenes. I think they are setting it up to move the brothers off by the end of the season. A new Prison Break has been announced and no way they can do two shows that are that time consuming so it's likely they are a 1st season only presence in LoT.

I like the camp and the bar scene. It showed a bit of the characters and there will be a few viewers who aren't familiar with them from the other shows. Call the bar scene a team building exercise.

I only had one problem: Martin Stein was so gung ho to join the team he rufied his partner. But where was his wife?? No scene with her talking about it, or even a mention of her. Considering his stint on The Flash, where I don't think she was mentioned either, has she gone Chuck Cunningham on us?

The bar fight scene didn't make a ton of sense from a narrative standpoint, but it was funny seeing those three characters sort of establish a bond as the anti-heroes of the group.

Overall I enjoyed it a lot. It had the flaws all pilots tend to have, which is cramming a lot of exposition and setup and rushing things along to get the plot moving, but that's all out of the way and now everything can start developing a bit more naturally.

I didn't find it particularly campy, though. It's certainly far, far lighter than Arrow and even less grounded than the Flash, but I never found myself thinking of it as campy per se.

As far as the size of the cast goes, you've got nine main cast members which is big, but not not unmanageable. Certainly many popular ensemble shows have juggled casts that size or larger.

I'm looking forward to what comes next. I always find the first episode of a show to be the most tedious one, so now that that's out of the way we can get to the meat of the series.

I only had one problem: Martin Stein was so gung ho to join the team he rufied his partner. But where was his wife?? No scene with her talking about it, or even a mention of her. Considering his stint on The Flash, where I don't think she was mentioned either, has she gone Chuck Cunningham on us?

Martin Stein is a more old school husband than guys like me; he must be like, "B---h, I don't need to tell you what I'm doing; if I'm going off time traveling and kicking butt that's MY business. Now get yourself in the kitchen and make me some dinner"...

Seriously though, they are TIME traveling. If they come back (and don't die), they can come back to right when they left, so it's as if they never went anywhere.

Is this series going to be kid friendly?

Have an 11 year old that is interested...

Depends on the filter you have in place for him. I let my son watch "The Flash", but not "Arrow", for context. I did let him watch "Legends of Tomorrow", but in hindsight, it is much more in line with "Arrow". So we'll see how this plays out.

More language (mostly very mild, but frequent), and apparently an upcoming sex scene between the two Hawk people. A few onscreen deaths, including a young boy.

A mention of a same sex attraction during a bar scene that erupts into a brawl, and said brawl. NTTAWWT, but may spark some questions depending on your worldview and/or your son's maturity level.

All in all, I think it is edgier than I would normally let my son watch, but a decent vehicle to move the needle a bit higher for him, if that makes any sense.

Martin Stein is a more old school husband than guys like me; he must be like, "B---h, I don't need to tell you what I'm doing; if I'm going off time traveling and kicking butt that's MY business. Now get yourself in the kitchen and make me some dinner"...

Seriously though, they are TIME traveling. If they come back (and don't die), they can come back to right when they left, so it's as if they never went anywhere.

This was my take as well. Provided he doesn't die his wife never has to know he was gone. I don't think they are seeing this as a multi-year mission but more as a quick trip to knock some stuff out.

I'm a little confused... I think the writers messed up some continuity.

They were in Norway for the arms deal, right?

Still in Norway... Atom, Cold, and Heat leave the ship to go steal the knife (presumably in Norway or maybe in Russia).

The rest of the gang flies to USA to meet young Stein and get his tracker.

Vandal Savage visits his weapons lab (in Norway?)

The rest of the gang retrieves the tracker (in the US) and use it to find Vandal Savage's weapons lab... in Norway? They steal the Atom device from the lab.

Vandal Savage shows up and confronts Atom, Cold, and Heat in the house in Russia/Norway.

Young Stein confronts the rest of the gang, back in the US.

The rest of the gang receives a distress call from Atom, Cold, and Heat and they go back to Norway/Russia to attack Savage.

Did I miss something? Or was the writing really that sloppy?

MUCH better second episode. That was outstanding.
I agree. Not only was the action great, but I really like how the members are starting to gel. And I'm really looking Cold and Heatwave being on the team.

Now how will they handle Carter's death?

There were so many times when I thought that Iron Man had just teleported into the fights when the Atom used his blasters. I'm rather surprised that the sounds are pretty much identical and that it's allowed. I guess you can't trademark sound effects?

I've certainly loved the first two episodes. I can't imagine they'll keep Carter dead for long though. Also, I LOVE Gideon.

I can't imagine they'll keep Carter dead for long though. Also, I LOVE Gideon.

I hope they do. Frankly, I could do without either of the Hawk people. But she's clearly going to make it to the end because of her importance in regards to Savage.

I hope they do. Frankly, I could do without either of the Hawk people. But she's clearly going to make it to the end because of her importance in regards to Savage.
What you got against Red Bull addicts?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom