DC's Legends of Tomorrow (2 Viewers)

Looks very fun. I'm definitely on board. Although I think Arthur Darvill is now typecast in time travelling roles. But I'll say, he seems very un-Rory Williams as Rip Hunter, so that's good.

I dont know about that Sun, Rory is the Last Centurion :)

So now it looks like the spin-off might be getting a spin-off...

We only caught a glimpse of Hawkgirl in the trailer for DC's Legends of Tomorrow, but The CW clearly has big plans for the character who first appeared for a split second in the season finale of The Flash. According to Spoiler TV, the network is planning a separate series starring Hawkgirl which will see Ciara Renée reprise the role. When the actress was first cast, the character of Kendra Saunders was described as a young woman who is just beginning to learn that she has been repeatedly reincarnated over the centuries. When provoked, her ancient warrior persona manifests itself, along with wings that grow out of her back, earning her the moniker Hawkgirl.

HAWKGIRL TV Series Reportedly In Development At The CW

Looks very fun. I'm definitely on board. Although I think Arthur Darvill is now typecast in time travelling roles. But I'll say, he seems very un-Rory Williams as Rip Hunter, so that's good.

We're just now getting to the era where studios are realizing people aren't turned off by the weirder aspects of comics, so I'm sure for a long, long time "immortal caveman who has lived thousands of years and become a super intelligent madman with the goal of dominating the world" was probably a hard sell.

Which shows you how lame Hollywood execs are, because that's nothing short of the best description of anything ever.

Imagine that on your business card. :hihi:

Very cool trailer.

And this may be a bit minor, but there's an actual Firestorm costume now. Between that, Hawkman and Hawkgirl, and the general strides The Flash has made this season in giving villains actual costumes instead of vaguely costume-themed jackets, it seems like the DCTVU has finally gotten over its costume-phobia.

That or their budgets got increased.

Really looking forward to this one as well. As good a job as they have done with Arrow and Flash, this should be a winner as well. :9:

Two items:

1: "I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall." I thought any and all references to Superman and Batman were strictly verboten on The CW?

There was an actually an article released just today in Variety about how ever since Kevin Tsujihara took over as head of Warner Bros. he's been making a concerted effort to break down the old way they had been doing things as it related to the DC properties in movie and TV. Whereas before there had been a very feudal "this producer is working with these characters so they're off limits" or "we're about to use X character in a movie, so no one else can use them" system, he's worked to get everyone on the same page and basically instituted a "everyone has access to everything approach."

Now, realistically, they're going to be more protective of some properties than others, but overall the restrictions of even just a year or so ago seem to have been lifted in a major way.

There was an actually an article released just today in Variety about how ever since Kevin Tsujihara took over as head of Warner Bros. he's been making a concerted effort to break down the old way they had been doing things as it related to the DC properties in movie and TV. Whereas before there had been a very feudal "this producer is working with these characters so they're off limits" or "we're about to use X character in a movie, so no one else can use them" system, he's worked to get everyone on the same page and basically instituted a "everyone has access to everything approach."

Now, realistically, they're going to be more protective of some properties than others, but overall the restrictions of even just a year or so ago seem to have been lifted in a major way.

And this is a very good thing in my humble opinion.

Really enjoyed the premiere. Heatwave is showing more personality, Caity Lotz still looks yummy, and we get the return of Gideon. I see a lot of good potential.

Really enjoyed the premiere. Heatwave is showing more personality, Caity Lotz still looks yummy, and we get the return of Gideon. I see a lot of good potential.
I agree. Very good premiere. I can't wait to see how Snark and Heatwave gel (or not) with the rest of the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom