DC's Stargirl (1 Viewer)

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic/ghost
Reaction score
So I'm liking this show. Just saw the 3rd episode. The actor that plays Icicle was in one episode of Stargate SG-1 during season 9 playing the human version of Anubis but was a highly evolved version like the Ancients. Back to Stargirl. Anyone else enjoying the show?

I really like this show, but haven't seen the 3rd episode yet... that robot rocket fist montage in episode 2 had me howling laughing... I'm glad they addressed keeping her identity secret b/c I was like, we're 2 episodes in and her cover is already blown? Plus, it doesn't hurt that Amy Smart is pretty easy on the eyes...

It's been renewed for a second season and will be exclusively on the CW at that point.

I wonder how that's going to affect the SFX...

I'd wager it suffers fairly significantly. Some of that - what I'm going to call - wire work they've done in the last couple episodes hasn't been great. But aside from that, the VFX are nice. I also wonder out loud if Luke Wilson and Amy Smart are going to be in their long-term price range. Not that they're regulars in the multiplexes these days, but they're known, name actors that aren't really known as TV workers. There's also the possibility that it'll suffer from expanded episode orders in future seasons instead of being the tight 13 they're doing this season.

But yeah, it's been a very good show so far. Glad I gave it a chance.

I'm consistently enjoying the show as well. Glad it got a second season, although with a move to the CW there are sure to be some concessions due to budget cuts. I figure we'll see something similar to what happened when Supergirl left CBS for CW and had to ditch Calista Flockhart/scale things down in general.

I'm consistently enjoying the show as well. Glad it got a second season, although with a move to the CW there are sure to be some concessions due to budget cuts. I figure we'll see something similar to what happened when Supergirl left CBS for CW and had to ditch Calista Flockhart/scale things down in general.
My guess is that Amy Smart would be the first to go since her role isn't as important at Luke Wilson's, unless they decide that something is going to happen b/w her and Icicle...

They lost her because the show moved shooting locations and she wasn't haven't that.

They lost her because the show moved shooting locations and she wasn't haven't that.

That was never anything more than Hollywood speak for "we can no longer afford her, but we will lie about that by making up a plausible excuse." Its also the reason Brandon Routh is no longer on Legends of Tomorrow, despite claims otherwise. He had the biggest salary and it had to be ditched for the show to get another season.

That was never anything more than Hollywood speak for "we can no longer afford her, but we will lie about that by making up a plausible excuse." Its also the reason Brandon Routh is no longer on Legends of Tomorrow, despite claims otherwise. He had the biggest salary and it had to be ditched for the show to get another season.

I thought I saw her mention it in interviews. If so, why would she lie for their sake?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom