DC's Stargirl (2 Viewers)

I just learned that I share my birthday with her. So that's 3 celebrities, Calista Flockhart, Demi Moore and Leo DiCaprio.

I thought I saw her mention it in interviews. If so, why would she lie for their sake?

If she ever addressed it at all, it would be a case of "playing ball," as they say in the industry. I'm not sure she ever did, though.

Any actor who says they're not taking a gig because it's not in L.A. doesn't care about working because the majority of film and TV projects don't even film in L.A. (Or California at all, really, although they've tried to bring more productions back the past few years) anymore. It was just a convenient excuse.

Flockhart has a long-standing rule about filming in LA. She won't even go out for parts filming outside of LA. It's one of the reasons you rarely see her on-screen. Here's an article that covers it, among other things:

When Ford isn't acting, he's passionate about aviation, and he just might love flying his planes as much as he loves being in movies. But in March 2015, Ford was taken to the emergency room after being injured in a plane crash. Naturally, Flockhart did not want to leave his side, and when he was released from the hospital, she was completely focused on helping him recover. It's understandable that someone might want to dial back on work after that experience. When you see someone you love struggling, it can feel like everything else just fades into the background.

Yes, Flockhart is definitely a homebody. According to the crew of Supergirl, she generally won't sign on for projects that shoot outside of Los Angeles. That's absolutely her prerogative — if she doesn't want to travel for work, she doesn't have to. But at the same time, there is no denying that this seriously limits the projects that she would be willing to work on. Just think of how many films and TV shows are shot in New York City. And there are plenty more that are shot on location in other states or countries.

Read More: https://www.looper.com/156697/why-hollywood-wont-cast-calista-flockhart-anymore/?utm_campaign=clip

Flockhart has a long-standing rule about filming in LA. She won't even go out for parts filming outside of LA. It's one of the reasons you rarely see her on-screen. Here's an article that covers it, among other things:

But again, their citation for that comes back to Supergirl.

Look, I'm not her agent. I can't speak to her preferences on locations. But the budget cuts with the move from CBS to CW were substantial and she certainly commanded the highest salary on that show. It may be some of column A and some of column B, but I will never be convinced her salary didn't play a part in her not returning.

To bring this back around to what originally started it: I can *maybe* see them keeping Luke Wilson or Amy Smart, but not both. They're not marquee stars but they are definitely name enough to cost a budget operation like the CW a chunk of change.

To bring this back around to what originally started it: I can *maybe* see them keeping Luke Wilson or Amy Smart, but not both. They're not marquee stars but they are definitely name enough to cost a budget operation like the CW a chunk of change.

Plus, nothing would add CW drama like Pat suddenly becoming a single father, and Courtney having to deal with losing her mom and again not knowing who her father is (because I assume we're getting the story beat soon that Starman wasn't him).

This last episode was pretty great IMO, the ending was pretty intense, great fight scene w/ Cort and Yolanda going ape.

This last episode was pretty great IMO, the ending was pretty intense, great fight scene w/ Cort and Yolanda going ape.

I thought it was kind of ridiculous that Courtney was arguing with her mom about how her father was Starman. You don't think your mother would recognize her husband in that photo without his mask on?

I thought it was kind of ridiculous that Courtney was arguing with her mom about how her father was Starman. You don't think your mother would recognize her husband in that photo without his mask on?

I think it just speaks to her denial about it/desire for wish fulfillment. Pat just stopped fighting her on it after a while and she kept talking about it as confirmed truth. Teenagers can be wildly unreasonable. And without spoiling stuff from the comics, who her father is is probably a reveal strengthened by showing how strongly who she wants her father to be.

Well, that locket pic is kinda small, and the one she 'googled' on her computer was pretty dark. Why is it ridiculous that Starman would lie to Barbera as to who he really was? It's obvious, like in most superhero stories. There's always a hidden narrative.

Yeah, I get her arguing with Pat about it, but her mother would know that she'd never seen nor slept with Joel McHale. They had 3 or 4 opportunities for her to say "Courtney, this man is not your father, I would know" and she just stared at her each time.

Yeah, I get her arguing with Pat about it, but her mother would know that she'd never seen nor slept with Joel McHale. They had 3 or 4 opportunities for her to say "Courtney, this man is not your father, I would know" and she just stared at her each time.
Maybe Barb really liked community colleges?

Well, that locket pic is kinda small, and the one she 'googled' on her computer was pretty dark. Why is it ridiculous that Starman would lie to Barbera as to who he really was? It's obvious, like in most superhero stories. There's always a hidden narrative.

The mother saw the picture of Pat and Starman where he was unmasked. It was when they mentioned his name as Stripesey or however you spell it. It was pretty big and very clear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom