DDR3 8gb (2x4gb) pc3-12800 1600mhz doesn't work (1 Viewer)

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
Reaction score
So I just bought some new DDR3, but it doesn't work. My MB is an H55H-m and everything I read says that it's ok, but I guess the one thing that doesn't add up is the pc3-12800.

Sometimes on reboot the pc does not boot. Other times I can get the BIOS, but it still shows as 1333mhz, so I guess it's not being recognized. Just wanna check with y'all before I return it, but I'm not seeing anything under pc3-12800. Is my MB outdated? Wouldn't doubt that as it's been a good 6 years since my last build.

It's the mb. Either rebuild or get slower ram. I prefer ddr4 for many reasons.

I thought about this a little more.... Instead of building from scratch I bought a relatively inexpensive acer computer with a modern motherboard and ddr4 ram. I then upgraded the PSU, the graphics card and added 8 more gigs of ram. It worked out price wise the same as if I built it myself.

I don't know what your needs/wants are but it worked out very well for me.

Even though I read that my MB can take 1666mhz, I was told by someone I know that it will not. So bottom line is that I am returning it for 1333mhz. I'm still a bit baffled at that, but hey whatever. As long as it works.

Already looking into upgrading to an i7-ddr4 upgrade.

Thanks for your help

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom