De’Vandre Campbell anyone? (1 Viewer)

Campbell is a great fit to replace Klein in Allen’s system because Campbell and play at the line of scrimmage

Campbell will be very affordable.

He is a pretty fast guy who closes well. The Saints do need to get faster opposite Demario.

I love Craig Robertson but he showed this past season he’s on the downward slope. Campbell would be a good replacement especially since Anzalone can’t stay healthy all season.

We have bigger needs. Klein should give us a discount. But our offseason additions will come in the form of Alex Anzalone and Kaden Ellis getting healthy. Campbell would be nice, but the purse strings are too tight.

I'm not opposed to him, I'd prefer if the team re-signed AJ Klein but if he leaves in Free agency
We have bigger needs. Klein should give us a discount. But our offseason additions will come in the form of Alex Anzalone and Kaden Ellis getting healthy. Campbell would be nice, but the purse strings are too tight.
I'm just curious as to why you think Klein should give the Saints a discount?

If say the Panthers who are supposedly interested in bringing back Klein offer him an $8-9 mil per type deal... and the Saints only offer him $5-6 mil per type money... I'm pretty sure Klein's going back to Carolina considering his roots are there, he has a house there.

Everyone thought Ingram was going to take a hometown discount because he was a locker-room guy, but these guys ultimately listen to their agents and maximize their earnings.

Klein is at a different stage of his career. The market for Klein is different at this stage of his career too. When I said discount I said that meaning something that is slightly below market value for a starting backer. But like you said with the Carolina return scenario, we must set our amount and stand firm on it. If he gets an offer higher than what we can afford, adios.

These past two years in particular the Saints have invested heavily on the defense, some but very well on the O-Line. Now it's time to invest in a legit 2nd WR threat through the draft and F.A.

These past two years in particular the Saints have invested heavily on the defense, some but very well on the O-Line. Now it's time to invest in a legit 2nd WR threat through the draft and F.A.
Don't forget about Keith Kirkwood. If you remember, before he got hurt he was really supplanting Ginn and Trequan as the #2. But I agree we need a target though. We're too close to title to go to war dependent on KK.

Pass rushing LB is at the top of the list for our defense. We desperately need to address this position with at least 2 players in a veteran and as high as a 1st round pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom