De la Puente gets some cash (2 Viewers)

The Saints have Brees on offense who everyone look awesome. We need the same type of player on defense.

Agree with you that Drew has an uncanny ability at sensing pressure and moving away from it, thus making our O-Line's job much easier. That being said Drew can't move up in the pocket if the center is being pushed back. DLP is another UFA that came in from nowhere to become a solid starter with the Saints. Why can't we seem to do this on the Defensive side of the ball? Well that's above my pay grade.

No, that's what I thought this thread was when I read the title.
Sorry bro.
I didn't even think about how that looks like him resigning until I just read your post.

Wouldn't be surprised if we lock him up once we know what's going on with everything. He's not going to command a big salary and it's well known that he benefits from being sandwiched between Grubbs and Evans.

How did Corey White earn more than Jimmy Graham based on performance?

Terrifying.

How did Corey White earn more than Jimmy Graham based on performance?

Terrifying.

while jimmy was arguably 2nd to none year before last, this last year he wasn't even close to being top TE in the league, except for maybe drops.:covri:

Agree with you that Drew has an uncanny ability at sensing pressure and moving away from it, thus making our O-Line's job much easier. That being said Drew can't move up in the pocket if the center is being pushed back. DLP is another UFA that came in from nowhere to become a solid starter with the Saints. Why can't we seem to do this on the Defensive side of the ball? Well that's above my pay grade.

Lets find out what Martez and Junior can do in a 3-4. But bear in mind defenses are exactly the opposite of offenses. A superior player on offense like Brees can pick up the slack by dictating the play. Whereas, the strength of your defense is always measured by its weakest link. If you bring a LBer up to help a weak 3-Tech you expose a soft zone spot. If you bring a safety up to help a weak LBer you cant help a weak corner.

He in Jimmy are the only big contracts I can forsee in the near future. He has earned it.

Jimmy Graham, YES. DLP, I don't think so. The Saints won't pay DLP a "big" contract. It's not what we do. We'll let him walk for big $ just like the others (if he's offered that) and we'll plug in the next guy.

Wouldn't be surprised if we lock him up once we know what's going on with everything. He's not going to command a big salary and it's well known that he benefits from being sandwiched between Grubbs and Evans.

Yeah, well, Jeff Faine and Jonathon Goodwin disagree with your analysis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom