DE Phillip Merling or DT Phillip Merling (1 Viewer)

Conrad

Reaction score
It is clear to many that DT is the single biggest need right now for the Saints and could really help the defense.

I bring this up again why not try a Carriker and draft DE Phillip Merling and convert him.

The knocks on Merling is that he could only play LE because he does not have the burst to rush from the edge in the NFL. The positives are his work ethic and his strength. I just watched the Music City Bowl from his sophmore year and he played the entire game at DT and looked good.

if one of the big 2 DTs isnt there at 10 i expect us to target someone like trevor laws ND, in the second...

I heard he missed his pro day and just had surgery. Wonder how far this could drop him on draft boards?

Laws seems to be working his way into the late first.

We have to find a way to get younger and more athletic at the 3-tech spot. If the Coaches feel he could handle the transition....I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

He had sports hernia surgery, so that isn't very serious. I'd rather have a true DT like Laws, but maybe Merling could fit the bill.

but we'd only be moving him over one spot back. it's just like moving a de to dt. one spot.

The guy played DT in college and the differnce between DE and DT is like the difference between the WR and Slot Reciever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom