Deadline passed....(Taysom Hill) (1 Viewer)

Been thinking about this all day. Does he technically have to sign it? I don't see why he wouldn't since no one was willing to cough up a first for him. Was really hoping they would wrap up a long term deal for Taysom instead of having to play on the tender though.

I think it was smart to wait. Taysom's value is pretty up in the air. We love him as a play maker but he's had very limited usage compared to other guys on the team. We also don't even know who our #3 QB is and who will be competing with him next year. Drew might also be back.

I wouldn't buy into QB money or even playmaker money until we see how this year's draft plays out, how his usage works out this season and what next year's offseason looks like.

Doesn’t mean we won’t trade him. Just means no one wanted to do some kind of crazy contract for a jack of all but possibly a QB.

Taysom was the best QB on the field during the vikings game, Better than Brees, Better than Cousins.

That RPO was killing the Vikings. The traditional offense Brees and Sean Peyton played right into zimmers hands until the 4th quarter, but by then it was too late to turn around with the 2 turnovers.
The once untraditional Payton died by tradition.

I’d like to see how effective would it be if he literally had Brees sitting on his shoulders.

Taysom’s legs with Brees’s arms and mind.

Drew wouldn’t be able to step into his throws.

Something called Nola Sports Hub on Facebook is reporting Hill was signed to a 1 year contract at $2.1 million. Don’t know anything about the site but I will say if true seems like a huge hometown bargain. I’ll believe it when it’s reported on the mainstream sites.

Taysom was the best QB on the field during the vikings game, Better than Brees, Better than Cousins.

That RPO was killing the Vikings. The traditional offense Brees and Sean Peyton played right into zimmers hands until the 4th quarter, but by then it was too late to turn around with the 2 turnovers.
The once untraditional Payton died by tradition.
Agreed 100%. Taysom was keeping the Saints in that game. If he had been the starting QB the Saints would have won.

Something called Nola Sports Hub on Facebook is reporting Hill was signed to a 1 year contract at $2.1 million. Don’t know anything about the site but I will say if true seems like a huge hometown bargain. I’ll believe it when it’s reported on the mainstream sites.

I just looked that up. The wording suggests that he just defaulted to his normal offer sheet (~4.6m). I think they just got the number wrong.

Better Source:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom