Deadly Riots Erupt Across Egypt (1 Viewer)

BoxerJoe

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/26/world/middleeast/tens-of-thousands-fill-tahrir-square-on-anniversary-of-egyptian-revolt.html

CAIRO — Violence erupted across Egypt on Friday as tens of thousands of demonstrators filled Tahrir Square to mark the second anniversary of the country’s revolution with an outpouring of rage against the rise to power of the Muslim Brotherhood. At least seven protesters and two police officers were killed in clashes in Suez, the state news media said.

More than 250 people were injured in similar battles around government buildings across the country, including the Interior Ministry, the presidential palace and the state television building in the capital.

The Black Bloc gave President Morsy 9 hours to step down:

Kahera Wal Mnas - In-A-Gist Search

@Repent11 : Kahera Wal Mnas " Black Bloc give president Morsy 9 hours to step down or ELSE be responsible for the outcome " #Egypt

Powerful pictures of the events:

Tahrir, Jan25, Cairo, Egypt, Qasr El Aini, Ultras, Csf, 25jan, Ikhwan, Morsi, Mb, Tahrirsquare, Tahrir Square, Shubra, Alexandria, Roxy, Ramsis, Mubarak, Ismailia, Heliopolis, Marghany Street, Alex, Prespalace, Suez, Fouadstreet, Maspero, 25thjan, Ua

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"we should embrace the arab spring, despite the dangers"

are these the dangers? or Syria? or what about Bengazi? How are things in Yemen? or Mali?

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think it's time for US to start nuking places. Let them try again.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Then why so obsessed with it?
BA, you and I both know why our govenment and big business are obsessed with it: the oil. They can say all they want about spreading human rights, but follow the money. That's the real concern and they want the American Sheeple to cry out for the poor rabble and give them the excuse to sieze some sort of control of all that oil.

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The U.S. will be invading Egypt in 10 years.

Rinse. Repeat.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
BA, you and I both know why our govenment and big business are obsessed with it: the oil. They can say all they want about spreading human rights, but follow the money. That's the real concern and they want the American Sheeple to cry out for the poor rabble and give them the excuse to sieze some sort of control of all that oil.
That's fine but there's more too it. You can get oil without social engineering and meddling in their politics. They can't eat it. They have to sell it for it to be worth anything to them.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
That's fine but there's more too it. You can get oil without social engineering and meddling in their politics. They can't eat it. They have to sell it for it to be worth anything to them.
Oh, yes, of course... but if we can be, say, part owners in the selling of it, we can help ourselves, um, I mean them get a really good price for it. Well, I mean...um, what a nice boon, um, for the...people of Egypt...right? :covri:

Rinse, repeat, is well said.

diehard

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't think there's enough oil in Egypt to float a good conspiracy theory..

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's time for US to start nuking places. Let them try again.
Exactly what purpose would that serve? Burn the very people who are trying to affect change in that country? You do realize there are people of many different faiths in Egypt? Political upheaval is nothing new. It goes on everywhere from time to time.

I'm just glad we as a country decided after Japan, that using nukes is the last thing we would do. I would hope other countries would think the same way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom