Deadspin: Story about Manti Te'o's "girlfriend" dying after a car crash is a hoax [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Supposedly this was the most uplifting story of the college football season.

Did you enjoy the uplifiting story, the tale of a man who responded to adversity by becoming one of the top players of the game? If so, stop reading.
Manti Te'o did lose his grandmother this past fall. Annette Santiago died on Sept. 11, 2012, at the age of 72, according to Social Security Administration records in Nexis. But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper.

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Last edited by a moderator:
Another crazy thing about this is that the girl's supposed funeral was reported in an AP story as being in Carson City, California, which doesn't exist.

Got to be more to this story than that it was ALL made up just to help him win a Heisman trophy and up his draft stock.

lol Manti Teo is a hoax

He's playing in a system that makes him look better than he is.

The Coordinator@ ND is frm the belichick coaching tree. The LB's are meant to be playmakers especially the SILB in which Te'o plays.

He is also in charge of the D when its on the field....so guess who was second in command for that bama game outside of the D-coordinator?

Te'o

HE isn't worth an early round pick...not to say he doesn't have potential but if he slides@ us to 15 and someone wants him perfect..hopefully we get a trade and some picks out of it.

Gotta wonder who was being conned. Was Teo or everyone else?

Very weird story. I had trouble reading it all, since it's so long, but wow..

After reading that and seeing Te'o destroyed in the BCS game, I'm hoping the Saints stay a mile away from him...

What the hell?

How did it go this long without anyone finding out?

This raises so many questions that I don't even know where to start.

lol Manti Teo is a hoax

He's playing in a system that makes him look better than he is.

The Coordinator@ ND is frm the belichick coaching tree. The LB's are meant to be playmakers especially the SILB in which Te'o plays.

He is also in charge of the D when its on the field....so guess who was second in command for that bama game outside of the D-coordinator?

Te'o

HE isn't worth an early round pick...not to say he doesn't have potential but if he slides@ us to 15 and someone wants him perfect..hopefully we get a trade and some picks out of it.

If this is true, he is not worth any pick.

What the hell?

How did it go this long without anyone finding out?

This raises so many questions that I don't even know where to start.

lets start w/ ND going 12-0 in regular season and gettin their backside handed to them in first 30 min of NC game. Or the BAZILLION Awards heaped upon Te'o.

If this is true, he is not worth any pick.

He is...i just don't think hes the TALENT hes been made out to be.

I watched the Bama game and when things got tough.....he did nothing but line up and look lost.

I didn't see any energy...he didn't rally his troops. Nothing. I just saw a guy that was outmatched.

Of course it makes sense that bama was able to exploit them. Saban is from that same coaching tree and he runs the same 3-4...with better personnel.

All he had to do was identify the weaknesses in the D and exploit them.

I have no problem with them losing, or the way the lost but i didn't see anyting out of Te'o to make me say WE NEED TO GET THIS GUY.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom