Deadspin: Taysom Hill is Starting Because of Racism [THREAD CLOSED] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I did not make myself clear. Last season, when Brees went down, Teddy Bridgewater was the choice to replace him. Teddy is black, in case nobody noticed.

This (Taysom Hill starting over Jameis Winston) is assuredly NOT racism.
FWIW, I had to read into your first post a bit because I originally thought you "Absolutely" agreed with the original tweet (and that didn't seem right), but then I figured you really meant the comment from the OP that it was the dumbest thing ever.

Thank you for clarifying.

Ignorance like the post you responded to is just as much a problem as racism lol

Unless I'm missing something, "that post" was neither ignorant, nor just as much a problem as racism. Pointing out that our country has a long history with racism and that it's still a problem we all have to wrestle with at times is a fact of life is a reasonable issue to address. It's a whole other thread, but it's still a real thing.

Unless I'm missing something, "that post" was neither ignorant, nor just as much a problem as racism. Pointing out that our country has a long history with racism and that it's still a problem we all have to wrestle with at times is a fact of life is a reasonable issue to address. It's a whole other thread, but it's still a real thing.
Oye is really proud of you at this moment.

We need more Oye.

You are correct about the overall situation in the country. But that has nothing to do with starting Hill over Winston. In fact, both #7 and #2 will likely play the QB position for a number of offensive snaps this week.

And just as a general comment, while I totally get the vitriol here about social media, the whole "social media is evil!" mantra is a bit much. It's like a lot of things, it just depends on how you utilize it. Social media is fine if you have a good filter and unfollow garbage posters. There are a number of good resources for news or subject matter experts on Twitter. Just be selective and filter out the rest. It's hard to wade through some of that at times, but to me it's worth it.

Aside from SR, I rarely use other social media. But they do serve it's purposes for me at times.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

You are correct about the overall situation in the country. But that has nothing to do with starting Hill over Winston. In fact, both #7 and #2 will likely play the QB position for a number of offensive snaps this week.

Which is why I made no mention of that. The Deadspin article isn't worth clicking on. Whether satire or serious, it's a complete joke because there's no element of truth to it.

What would the MediaFacebookGoogleTwitterWoke narrative be if Jameis was "white" and Taysom was "black?"
They might say something about the trend in the NFL toward QBs who pose a threat running the ball... Are we looking at the next Mahomes, etc?
It's all so hypocritical and laced with double standards.
Jameis seems like a really cool guy and full of long term potential in Payton's system.
Payton seems to be reinventing the role of the QB position with his development of Taysom.
Taysom seems like a really cool guy, happy to play anywhere.
This is a team sport and the goal is winning championships.
We have the best GM in the NFL and have become a talent factory.

Where is Jim Mora when you need him. In his heyday, he would have destroyed any reporter stupid enough to print something like this. I miss his press conferences.

8 pages for posting comments from imbeciles. (someone mentioned it was group, so a serious bad case of "groupthink." LOL.

----

I didn't read the article nor the thread. But I'm assuming the slant is that white people get rewarded for doing far less than a Black person would have to do. That's what I took from the 'glimpses' being emphasized.

It's a funny thing because I was roasted and called a dinosaur because I said a few months ago that the social media platforms were garbage and a waste of time.

I guess that some people are starting to see it for what it really is...........................it's garbage and a waste of time!!

This didn't come from social media. It came from a far left news/blog website. Hopefully people start to wake up and see what narratives are being pushed and by who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom