Deaf Ref.... (1 Viewer)

Darth Deuce

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So glad the line judge was deaf in his left ear and didn't hear Coach Payton try to call timeout on the missed field goal!

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is that the same guy who was blind and missed the blatant Roy Williams hold on Miles td run?

jazzjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
They were all blind as well. Another bias called game. Pulling on Wills facemask, missed holds all over the field; on the TD run, several on passing downs yet we get called on phantom holds, etc. It's getting really old. Love the win, but it shouldn't have come down to that. Miss Shockeys emotion on the field.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
I wonder if Jerry Jones still had to pay the refs since we snuck out a win. :scratch:

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
So glad the line judge was deaf in his left ear and didn't hear Coach Payton try to call timeout on the missed field goal!
in all fairness... i think payton may have actually made the timeout call too late... coaches trying to "ice" the kicker try to time it to the last milli-second before the snap and this time payton was just too late... and for once that's a very good thing

OP
Darth Deuce

Darth Deuce

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
in all fairness... i think payton may have actually made the timeout call too late... coaches trying to "ice" the kicker try to time it to the last milli-second before the snap and this time payton was just too late... and for once that's a very good thing

I just hate seeing coaches do that and watching the guy miss...only to let him "get a feel for the kick" and turn around and make the next kick. Drives me crazy!

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I just hate seeing coaches do that and watching the guy miss...only to let him "get a feel for the kick" and turn around and make the next kick. Drives me crazy!
hence why i said i'm glad he was wrong... bet he's never been so happy to mistime something in his life

Slidell Mike

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
They were all blind as well. Another bias called game. Pulling on Wills facemask, missed holds all over the field; on the TD run, several on passing downs yet we get called on phantom holds, etc. It's getting really old. Love the win, but it shouldn't have come down to that. Miss Shockeys emotion on the field.

You got that right! Very poor officiating in this game. Virtually no calls against the Cowboys and several against us. I know there should have been 2 delay of game penalties against the Cowboys that weren't called in addition to a facemask, several holding calls, and one or two no-call pass interference. Saints won in spite of the referees today.

briddes

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

I was watching the game with some Cowboy fans & even they couldn't believe the illegal hands to the face penalty. They wanted to know if there is a new rule that if you let an opposing player grab your facemask that you are then called for the penalty.

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully Sean takes this to heart and doesn't try that icing garbage again.

CR80

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Kicker icing time outs and long challenge reviews kill the flow of the game. I don't like either. As far as the icing goes, know one knows if it works, but intuitively it seems like it can only help to get a practice kick. Regardless, it's a buzz killer.

Spec

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Marvin Lewis just iced the kicker to perfection tonight. Jets kicker makes the 1st FG.......but wait........Bengals call timeout before the kick. Jets kicker misses the 2nd FG attempt.
Sometimes you get lucky...

CR80

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Marvin Lewis just iced the kicker to perfection tonight. Jets kicker makes the 1st FG.......but wait........Bengals call timeout before the kick. Jets kicker misses the 2nd FG attempt.
Sometimes you get lucky...

I'd guess just luck too. How long was the kick? How good was the first one and how far off was the second?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom