Dealing with losing (1 Viewer)

tristang

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of Patriots fans are really being adverse to the idea of eating crow. It's bizarre. So I offered to them this little bit of sports wisdom, and it got me thinking that alot of people from many different teams could use this piece of advice:

It all comes down to this:

If you are a die hard sports fan, regardless of which team or sport you root for, there is one concrete fact:

At some point in your "fan career", you will have to eat crow. Period. No excuses, no whining, no fighting back, nothing. Just sit there and eat it. IT HAPPENS TO EVERYBODY. The real key, the real testament to your fanbase, is how you take it. You can either eat it and relish the day when it is someone else's turn, or you can sit and whine and cry like a 4-year old refusing to eat broccoli. Don't think people are singling you out. It happens to everyone at some point.

It happened to the Chargers last year, the Colts the year before that, the Patriots this year, it happened to the Rams the year the Patriots won their first, etc...

It's an unfortunate reality of being a sports fan. I am a New Orleans Saints/Purdue Boilermakers/Indiana Pacers fan. So trust me, I am WELL versed in the taste and different recipes of crow eating.

So when it is your turn to scoot up to the dinner table, don't make excuses, don't reflect the hate onto other people, just eat the crow and root your arse off the next season for the Crow Special to be served in someone else's city.

It's just something everyone has to go through at some point(s) in their life.

Eating the crow wouldn't be so bad, if I could taste the apple pie just once.

no this is different. the whole world hate the patriots. you got the 72 dolphins * deal. you self sacrifice, take less pay. every team plays you like the superbolwl. jags say they wll win. steelers say they will win. then giants maybe rest starters. then in the superbowl a fluke throw which was probably done because of the QB unnecessary roughness penalty fear. you go 18-0 and lose like that.

i cant even imagine how it feels being a die hard fan and losing like that. hearing people say only. i am happy the giants won because of eli or because they were the underdog. the media makes up this hype. vegas makes you an underdog thats it.

no this is different. the whole world hate the patriots.

Usually people love winners. Why do you think that so many people hate the Patriots? Is it the arrogance of the players? Is it the arrogance and obnoxious fans?

ESPN magazine does a poll of players from the other 30 teams of who they want to win the SuperBowl match up. They then take the majority decision (like states in the presidential election) and publish it and this was the FIRST year that they have ever done it that it was unanimous. Every team was pulling for the Giants by at least a 52% majority, most were in the 60+%. That's players who play against them. Then you put the fan base together, who were by a wide majority pulling for the Giants and you have to wonder why?

There seemed to be a bandwagon effect for the Steelers, 49ers, Broncos, even the Cowboys who were bad boys. So why do people hate the Patriots?

Maybe there is something there to hate? Maybe?

This season went from perhaps the best ever... to one of the biggest chokes ever.

Personally, I think it's awesome.

19DOH.jpg

i like brady and moss and welker. Harrison, Seymour and the other dirty players are who i hate

I had a friend of mine (who for some unknown reason is a Giants fan) tell me that the G-men would win the SB this year. I laughed at him. Now he is laughing at me. But it would be the same way if the Saints would have won. It's all part of being a fan.

I lurked some of the Patriots forums after the Superbowl, and I couldn't believe how spoiled some of them were. There were posts about not watching the Pats ever again, how they couldn't handle the loss, giving up on the team, blah, blah, blah. To be fair, I know we get posts like that here also, but the ungratefullness of some of those fans is pathetic. They've got the Sox winning championships, they've got 3 Superbowl championships in less than a decade, and perennially competitive teams.

I felt like registering just to post on there yeah, the loss sucks, but be greatfull for what you've got. Try being a Saints fan all your life. Jeez.

During last year's draft I was at the Metairie complex, and whenever Bobby got back on the air, everyone started to chant. I was the only one screaming "38-0, 38-0". Well, I think we know how that turned out...I guess I'll be screaming "26-9, 26-9" at the next draft.

Usually people love winners. Why do you think that so many people hate the Patriots? Is it the arrogance of the players? Is it the arrogance and obnoxious fans?

I don't believe it's the arrogance of the Patriots players. From what I have seen the Patriots players, for the most part, are a class act. Tmo Brady is a great QB and has never been arrogant but he has shown class all the time.

IMO, people hate the Patriots because they have simply grown tired of the media lovefest. Every year you hear the media talking up the Patriots and even other East Coast teams. Dynasties also turn fans of other teams against the dynasty team. People simply grow tired of teams winning year after year and start cheering for the underdog. It's always been that way. Outside of Bill Belichick the Patriots team is pretty classy but I wanted the Giants to win. I was tired of the Patriots story.

If you want an example of an arrogant team look at the San Diego Chargers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom