N/S Dean Spanos Sister Asking Courts To Force A Sale (1 Viewer)

LA will be down to one team within 2-4 years. That stadium is an anchor around the NFLs neck. Shouldn't ever have been built in a market that has proven over and over isn't capable of sustaining one NFL team much less two.

Yep. With San Fran as the one exception, people in California (in LA and in San Diego) have long proven they don't really care about NFL football. Yet the NFL continues to try to court LA as if the city is the top of the food chain for fans. It's pretty pathetic.

Yep. With San Fran as the one exception, people in California (in LA and in San Diego) have long proven they don't really care about NFL football. Yet the NFL continues to try to court LA as if the city is the top of the food chain for fans. It's pretty pathetic.
I think it has more to do with the networks. That’s a main reason why I think they got 2 teams.
Especially for CBS since the NFC has most of the large market teams and marquee small market franchises.

I think it has more to do with the networks. That’s a main reason why I think they got 2 teams.
Especially for CBS since the NFC has most of the large market teams and marquee small market franchises.
I agree. Fans only look at home team ticket sales and game attendence when they say LA doesn't support football. The NFL looks at the total profit from all of their revenue streams. The NFL would not put teams in LA if they could make more money putting those same teams in another city.

LA is very profitable for the teams that are there and the league as a whole, otherwise the teams and the league would not want to be in LA.

The NFL really, really, really wants to succeed in LA. Unfortunately the city as a whole doesn’t care. How many teams have gone through that city over the years? With everything to do in LA, you really think a transplant that should’ve stayed in San Diego and basically has no fans in LA, and a Rams team that has left before and come back is going to carry it? Then creating the whole NFL experience around it? LA used to like not having a team so they got the game of the week instead of watching bad football

Actually, they can get more money for a sale now that the team is in L.A.
How exactly. They own no part of their stadium. They have very little fan base there. They compete against a team that does have some long term interest in a fan base. The Chargers had a die hard following in San Diego. No matter how hard the Spanos family tried to screw it up, they were in a great situation. In LA, they can’t even fill essentially a large high school stadium.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom