Deandre Brown commits to USM. (1 Viewer)

Ha, one of those other non-legitimate D-1 Mississippi teams has beaten your team the last 2 years. :9:

It was actually meant as a shot at Ole Miss. I do like the job Sly Croom has done at State. I hope he wins 10 games a year, every year. Shouldn't have lumped them together, sorry. If I had to choose a game for Bama to lose it would be to State.

Wait, don't make me look like a punk here. I said what I said in a joking like fasion. I meant no harm to Spam, and was not "calling him out" in any sort of negative way. Just wanted to clear that up.

No I'm not making you look like a punk, you didn't "call him out" I guess but just thought it was a little over the top considering the situation. Again, congrats on the great player and hopefully he has a good career with you guys.

No I'm not making you look like a punk, you didn't "call him out" I guess but just thought it was a little over the top considering the situation. Again, congrats on the great player and hopefully he has a good career with you guys.
Ok, thanks. All is good. Just wanted to clear that up.

You are so off it's not even funny. I said congrats but he specifically called out Spam who is an Ole Miss fan (which I'm sure you know as he has owned you on this board multiple times). It's not an LSU vs. USM thing, I think everyone knows where the two programs stand. It's just acknowledging that a.) Had he been able to make the grades he was going to LSU. b.) The academic standards are different from conference to conference and today USM was able to take advantage of that.

We didn't "want" to get Brown. We had Brown were he able to qualify.

Again, they didn't steal any recruit from any SEC school. Of course they should be happy (as I've said quite a few times) but we must be "real" in discussing topics like this.

Didn't you say the same thing last year about Luther Davis? If I remember correctly the majority of LSU fans that commented on him switching to Bama had the same argument that you are putting out there now for Deandre Brown. It's amazing that so many of you know what is going on inside this 18 year old kids head. I know recruiting talk is most always taken with a grain of salt, but to state emphatically that kids are not going to do this or that with no first hand knowledge is ridiculous. Until, some of you start to actually sit down with these recruits I think you should hold off on making statements regarding their school of preference.

Last edited:
There are three positions that LSU is insanely LOADED at: Receiver, Runningback and Defensive Tackle.

Everyone knows that LSU wanted Luther, but he made his choice so fine. See ya. It's not like LSU is hurting at DT or anything, so that certainly lessens the pain of losing a top D-Line prospect. Same thing for Deandre Brown this year and Jermaine Thomas should he not choose LSU, however I do hope that Thomas commits because you have never have too many RB's.

I am more concerned with depth at O-Line, LBer and DB's.

Last edited:
And I guess on signing day when Alabama has the top class in the country that there won't be countless snide remarks about how recruiting rankings don't matter, not all of them will get in academically, Saban is a cheater, etc., will there? And as for Spam, this is the second time in a week I have mentioned your analysis on Jason David during training camp and for the second time you have ignored it. Why is that?

There are three positions that LSU is insanely LOADED at: Receiver, Runningback and Defensive Tackle.

Everyone knows that LSU wanted Luther, but he made his choice so fine. See ya. It's not like LSU is hurting at DT or anything, so that certainly lessens the pain of losing a top D-Line prospect. Same thing for Deandre Brown this year and Jermaine Thomas should he not choose LSU, however I do hope that Thomas commits because you have never have too many RB's.

I am more concerned with depth at O-Line, LBer and DB's.

Luther Davis is a defensive end. No flame, just clarification.

And I guess on signing day when Alabama has the top class in the country that there won't be countless snide remarks about how recruiting rankings don't matter, not all of them will get in academically, Saban is a cheater, etc., will there? And as for Spam, this is the second time in a week I have mentioned your analysis on Jason David during training camp and for the second time you have ignored it. Why is that?
Why wait until signing day? I'll beat you to it: Recruiting Rankings don't matter. Sure there is a correlation between the top few teams in recruiting and their overall W/L records, but that's not all there is to it. Far from it. Recruits still need to develop, stay healthy, play well, etc. It's a good start and it's fun to have some bragging rights when there aren't any games on, but what did you win?

What does the Recruiting Nat'l Championship Trophy look like?

The only that matters is what happens on the field which is why I am sitting here at my laptop grinning and you're sitting there spitting nails. I imagine our roles would be reversed had you team won the BCS Championship and my team lost to one of the barely-hanging-on-to-IA status ULM Warhawks.

Your team is having a great offseason. Calm down and enjoy it. Soon they'll be in Baton Rouge getting smacked around and you won't be able to then. These are the fond memories that will get you through the week after.

And as for Spam, this is the second time in a week I have mentioned your analysis on Jason David during training camp and for the second time you have ignored it. Why is that?

I missed it the first time. Normally I see TideSaint and I just kind of glaze over, it ends up flashing into my brain something like this "ROLL TIDE ROLL TIDE ROLL TIDE ROLL TIDE".

What do you want me to say? I thought Jason David looked great. Quick feet, great acceleration, a nose for the ball. I still stand by it. He frequently used poor technique throughout the season and got burned for it though. Damn shame too, his reputation was as a smart, hard worker, you wouldn't expect his hang up to be mental right?

Why wait until signing day? I'll beat you to it: Recruiting Rankings don't matter. Sure there is a correlation between the top few teams in recruiting and their overall W/L records, but that's not all there is to it. Far from it. Recruits still need to develop, stay healthy, play well, etc. It's a good start and it's fun to have some bragging rights when there aren't any games on, but what did you win?

What does the Recruiting Nat'l Championship Trophy look like?

The only that matters is what happens on the field which is why I am sitting here at my laptop grinning and you're sitting there spitting nails. I imagine our roles would be reversed had you team won the BCS Championship and my team lost to one of the barely-hanging-on-to-IA status ULM Warhawks.

Your team is having a great offseason. Calm down and enjoy it. Soon they'll be in Baton Rouge getting smacked around and you won't be able to then. These are the fond memories that will get you through the week after.

We'll see when the time comes. It's a little early to be guaranteeing victories on the field. Like you said injuries, bad play, bar fights, and grade issues can happen just as easily to players that are already on campus. I'm as calm as can be, it's just funny to me how fans of teams who are at the top of the recruiting rankings each year, like LSU has been, jump up and down when they are on top, yet say they don't matter when a school they don't like is at the top. It's a little hypocritical. I would seriously like to know how many of you weren't ecstatic the year LSU had the #1 class in the country?

I missed it the first time. Normally I see TideSaint and I just kind of glaze over, it ends up flashing into my brain something like this "ROLL TIDE ROLL TIDE ROLL TIDE ROLL TIDE".

What do you want me to say? I thought Jason David looked great. Quick feet, great acceleration, a nose for the ball. I still stand by it. He frequently used poor technique throughout the season and got burned for it though. Damn shame too, his reputation was as a smart, hard worker, you wouldn't expect his hang up to be mental right?

The only reason you think Roll Tide over and over when you see me post is because of my screen name. When it comes to the Saints I am extremely non-biased towards any college player. I don't care where he played in college, if he can help the Saints then I'm all for it. I turn off my college allegiances at 12:01 A.M. every Saturday night during football season. Now for just glazing over you sure do respond to a lot of my posts, so which is it: Do you only respond because I'm a Bama fan and you don't like Bama or do you actually read them?

Last edited:
Do you only respond because I'm a Bama fan and you don't like Bama or do you actually read them?

The former :)

You never answered what your problem was with my Jason David evaluation. I mean other then it apparently being wrong :)

The former :)

You never answered what your problem was with my Jason David evaluation. I mean other then it apparently being wrong :)

That he was, and is, strictly a Cover 2 corner. Watching someone practice is not indicative to how they will play the game. It's like every year before the draft, you have workout warriors who shoot up the draftboards based on workouts alone. Nevermind the fact that they hardly ever did anything noteworthy on the field. More times than not these guys turn out to be busts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom