DeAndre Brown has me worried sick (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Whether or not he qualifies, he is a must sign IMO. Worse comes to worst and he does not, you enroll him in Hargrave. It's an LSU/Southern Miss heads up battle, and he announces his destination this Friday at 5:00 p.m. CST on ESPNU Recruiting Insider.

I know everyone seems to think he picks LSU, but I'm still nervous... someone reassure me here.

Whether or not he qualifies, he is a must sign IMO. Worse comes to worst and he does not, you enroll him in Hargrave. It's an LSU/Southern Miss heads up battle, and he announces his destination this Friday at 5:00 p.m. CST on ESPNU Recruiting Insider.

I know everyone seems to think he picks LSU, but I'm still nervous... someone reassure me here.

Like i posted on the big recruiting thread earlier, I read on tigerbait.com that he has an in-home visit with Miles tomorrow night and he was supposed to visit LSU this weekend, so with his announcement sandwiched between these two, I think it's a good sign for the tigers.

Unless he gets told something he doesnt like by Miles and then cancels his visit......

I finally saw some film of him a day or two ago...From what I saw, if he is not a sure-fire college superstar, then nobody is. Dude looked unbelieveable.

He is an 18 year old kid that you dont know. He could be the greatest thing ever or a practice squad player. I wouldnt worry too much.

Why are you worried? Receiver is arguably the deepest position on the team. He's not going to break the lineup of Byrd, Tolliver and LaFell then you add DeAngelo Benton and Chris Tolliver (who is a decimal point away from being a 5 star) fighting for playing time too, so where does Brown even fit in? Every single one of those guys have been declared to be everything that Brown has been declared to be.

Chances are that he won't even see the field for another year and it could be longer if this guy really does have issues with grades.

Calm down. Right now LSU NEEDS another LBer and O-Lineman. Receiver is the least of our concerns.

FYI, this is my post on an LSU site expressing my concerns about lsu losing deandre brown(and I dont think they will, by the way):

I think people are underestimating the impact of losing Deandre Brown if he either doesnt become eligible or chooses to go to USM. I tried to contact Coach Miles to talk about this but keep getting his answering machine. I have not slept for 98 straight hours worrying.

I just can not see going into the season with Demetrius Byrd, Brandon Lafell and Terrance Tolliver as our potential starters. Sure, I know, you are going to say Byrd was the top JC receiver in the country last year and played like an NFL first round pick. Can you guarantee he will play as well next year?

And yes, Brandon Lafell really came on at the end of the year and is quite a blend of size and speed. What if he gets hurt in walk throughs like Early Doucet did and misses the whole year?

Okay, I know Terrance Tolliver was a five star number one receiver coming out of high school and looked very polished as a freshman. Ever hear of the sophomore slump?

Where is the depth if these guys get hurt? The fact we have a slew of four star receivers in the wings like Jared Mitchell, Chris Mitchell, RJ Jackson and Ricky Dixon is no guarantee. Okay, I understand anyone of these kids could blossom into an all sec performer given the chance to play and could start for most SEC schools, but that and a quarter wont get you a cup of coffee.

The cupboard isnt bare, its empty, sanded down and unpainted. Who will be our future receivers if we lose Brown? Deangelo Benton, just because he has five stars? Chris Tolliver, just because he is the best high school receiver in the state and is named Tolliver? Tim Molton because he is tall and fast? Deangelo Peterson because he is taller and faster? Jhyryn Taylor? Give me a break, what kind of name is Jhyryn anyway? I cant pronounce it, you think Jim Hawthorne can?

Yes I know what you "glass half full" guys are going to say if we do not get Brown. I can hear it now. You are going to say we can use that scholarship for one of the other top players we are in on and may not be able to sign if we give a schollie to Brown. You think that is going to help me sleep? Sheesh. Next thing you know all you "optimists" will be saying that while losing Brown is not a good thing if it happens, it does increase our chances of getting Reuben Randle and Kenny Bell, two of the top rated receivers for 2009, for next years class.

Sometimes some of you folks act like whether a kid goes to LSU or not is not a matter of life and death. It is way more important than that. I dont have a life outside of worrying where an 18 yr old kid goes to school and certainly do not intend to get a life now.

There you go. I have worked myself into a frenzy and wont sleep again tonight. What if Jefferson decommits? What if they flag more act's? What if Nick Saban steals our whole class at the last minute? Ever think about that? I thought not.

Yes, but can't you say the same thing about Deandre Brown? What you're basically saying is that there are no guarantees and that's pretty much a given. Byrd, LaFell and Tolliver have given us no reason to suggest that they will be ineffective next year. In the case of Tolliver, he was/is pretty much a Deandre Brown clone only faster and without the grade issues. (Tall, strong, great leaper.)

Yes, but can't you say the same thing about Deandre Brown? What you're basically saying is that there are no guarantees and that's pretty much a given. Byrd, LaFell and Tolliver have given us no reason to suggest that they will be ineffective next year. In the case of Tolliver, he was/is pretty much a Deandre Brown clone only faster and without the grade issues. (Tall, strong, great leaper.)

I'm thinking the dotless one had his tongue firmly in cheek in that post....

I guess so. He's usually a user of smilies and I didn't see any, so I assumed otherwise...

LSU worried about little Ole Southern Miss. Who do we think we are?

FYI, this is my post on an LSU site expressing my concerns about lsu losing deandre brown(and I dont think they will, by the way):

I think people are underestimating the impact of losing Deandre Brown if he either doesnt become eligible or chooses to go to USM. I tried to contact Coach Miles to talk about this but keep getting his answering machine. I have not slept for 98 straight hours worrying.

I just can not see going into the season with Demetrius Byrd, Brandon Lafell and Terrance Tolliver as our potential starters. Sure, I know, you are going to say Byrd was the top JC receiver in the country last year and played like an NFL first round pick. Can you guarantee he will play as well next year?

And yes, Brandon Lafell really came on at the end of the year and is quite a blend of size and speed. What if he gets hurt in walk throughs like Early Doucet did and misses the whole year?

Okay, I know Terrance Tolliver was a five star number one receiver coming out of high school and looked very polished as a freshman. Ever hear of the sophomore slump?

Where is the depth if these guys get hurt? The fact we have a slew of four star receivers in the wings like Jared Mitchell, Chris Mitchell, RJ Jackson and Ricky Dixon is no guarantee. Okay, I understand anyone of these kids could blossom into an all sec performer given the chance to play and could start for most SEC schools, but that and a quarter wont get you a cup of coffee.

The cupboard isnt bare, its empty, sanded down and unpainted. Who will be our future receivers if we lose Brown? Deangelo Benton, just because he has five stars? Chris Tolliver, just because he is the best high school receiver in the state and is named Tolliver? Tim Molton because he is tall and fast? Deangelo Peterson because he is taller and faster? Jhyryn Taylor? Give me a break, what kind of name is Jhyryn anyway? I cant pronounce it, you think Jim Hawthorne can?

Yes I know what you "glass half full" guys are going to say if we do not get Brown. I can hear it now. You are going to say we can use that scholarship for one of the other top players we are in on and may not be able to sign if we give a schollie to Brown. You think that is going to help me sleep? Sheesh. Next thing you know all you "optimists" will be saying that while losing Brown is not a good thing if it happens, it does increase our chances of getting Reuben Randle and Kenny Bell, two of the top rated receivers for 2009, for next years class.

Sometimes some of you folks act like whether a kid goes to LSU or not is not a matter of life and death. It is way more important than that. I dont have a life outside of worrying where an 18 yr old kid goes to school and certainly do not intend to get a life now.

There you go. I have worked myself into a frenzy and wont sleep again tonight. What if Jefferson decommits? What if they flag more act's? What if Nick Saban steals our whole class at the last minute? Ever think about that? I thought not.

Classic :)

It's just a game...I wouldn't get too worried sick over it.

I guess so. He's usually a user of smilies and I didn't see any, so I assumed otherwise...

My bad. :ezbill: I actually did have a smilie on the original post but when I cut and pasted it didnt follow. Its hard to tell sometimes on the internet and the smileis are a nice help, even though on my post on the other board it still didnt help some. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom