dear lawyers i have a question about adoption please help. (1 Viewer)

Det. Brees

E tan e epi tas
Reaction score
me and my wife are being given the chance to adopt a child. neither of the parents want the child and this is being done through private lawyers. It is occurring in another state so we have not spoke with legal council yet.
once the process starts approximately how long does it take and what do you think the cost would be.
we adopted a child through a private service years ago and it was very expensive. im under the impression because there is no adoption service it would be not as costly this time.
the adoption will occur in fl.
thanks for any insight.

Congrats on the adoption (once it goes through). I don't know the costs associated with this type of transaction, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up costing more than you initially thought... that seems to be the experience I've seen from others who've gone that route.

I don;t know anything about the legal process of adoption - the different types and stuff. But I know some lawyers who practice at juvenile court and I think I have heard the ycharge around $2,000-$2,500 for an adoption. Don;t know if that helps you any.
Anyways - congrats

First, FIND THE RIGHT LAWYER.

Make some phone calls in your area, and find someone who's actually processed out-of-state adoptions before. If they have experience with the two states involved, fine, if not, get an assurance that they will consult with a lawyer in the other state as well. If you get any ol' lawyer, and they miss steps in the process, you will be quite vulnerable to the risk of "bio-parent remorse"; people who change their mind in these things always claim that since they didn't get all of their [procedural] rights, they get to rescind everything.

But many congratulations, very happy for you all, and good luck.

its a her and shell be a huge saints fan....
already looking for baby jerseys ,,,
god what am i doing
i already have 2 girls but 3
im cleaning the guns...

I can't add any more than JE and SaintJ. I have never done an adoption. Sorry.

Congratulations.

I don't know what the adoption laws are in Florida. Louisiana has its own "Juvenile Code", or at least it did when I assisted attorneys in adoptions.
You also had to be interviewed by social professionals and a home study was ordered. The paperwork was ridiculous. The biological parents will also have to sign Voluntary Acts of Surrender, or whatever they call it in Florida.

You need to speak to a family lawyer that is licensed to work in FLA.

Good luck. Sounds to me the child will be much better off with you and your spouse.

Joe

It apparently costs alot to adopt a Russian child. Someone that my wife goes to Church with bought one and she paid over 25k for it. He's a cute kid but I think I would have shopped around for a cheaper one.

dang my yo;ungest child which we went thruogh a agency cost us 15k

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom