Dear readers: Please stop calling us ‘the media.’ There is no such thing. (1 Viewer)

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Mark Paustenbach DNC Director said:
I think the best reporter to give the news to ahead of time is Greg Sargent at the Washington Post. But, the specific reporter is not as important as getting it to an outlet before the news breaks so we can help control the narrative on the front end. Otherwise this may likely get spun in a not-so-helpful way. We should also get Rep. Cummings on the phone with that reporter. Thanks again, Mark
It's well known that the WAPO works closely with the DNC. We have the emails after all. I believe that counts as bias in most American's books. They weirdly enough try to use to the same defense Fox News uses. That the oped side is completely different from the straight news side. It's not lazy to lump all of Fox, or WAPO into a box based on what they publish on their site. I got a good laugh out of the article though.

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
It's well known that the WAPO works closely with the DNC. We have the emails after all. I believe that counts as bias in most American's books. They weirdly enough try to use to the same defense Fox News uses. That the oped side is completely different from the straight news side. It's not lazy to lump all of Fox, or WAPO into a box based on what they publish on their site. I got a good laugh out of the article though.
If you don't like the partisan antics of the oped divisions of those outfits, it's up to you as a consumer to let them know.

The funny thing to me is, the people keep gobbling up this crap about the so-called "biased media" are perfectly happy to go to whatever media echo chamber they just so happen to agree with and feed them their ratings dollar. Well, how do you think we got here in the first place?

If you want to know why there is supposedly a dearth of unbiased reporting on the national level, it's because people by and large have shown they aren't so much interested in facts and information as they are finding somebody who spouts off the things they agree with so they feel better and smarter about themselves.

Besides all that, if we're using the term "media" as a catch-all, as the columnist points out people do so often, then you have to include every newspaper, magazine, TV station, radio station, website, etc. that you'll ever watch, read, or listen to if you're trying to get information on a particular topic. If you want to fact-check a candidate's claims, it's pretty damn easy. All you need is a search box and a little bit of discernment to sort out fact versus opinion framed as fact, and I know that is not always super-easy and convenient - but never in the history of the world have we have such a wealth of information on any topic available to us at the touch of a button. How you choose to avail yourself of that knowledge is entirely up to you, but in this day and age we certainly have no excuse for being uninformed.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
The very clear difference between WAPO and Fox News is that WAPO is run by journalists; Fox News is not.

Fox News was founded and run by Republican Political operatives for the specific purpose of promoting Republicans and controlling the story from a Republican perspective.

Now perhaps intelligent discourse, actual journalism, substantive reporting has become bias to liberals. That's very likely, but it's not be cause of the deliberate actions of these news agencies. It's largely due to Fox News and right-wing media who pander mostly to the ignorant, leaving intelligent people nowhere else to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J.T. Please Read: Update on Fan Attendance in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8

Headlines

Top Bottom