Death Certificate? (1 Viewer)

Ummmm maybe it's just me but, If I were you Id just continue doing what I've been doing all these years..... Who really cares who's name it's in anyway, sounds to me like it's not worth the effort.

All good suggestions, and I understand the concern of the team not just randomly believe someone...but as was pointed out the bills have been paid by our credit cards for 12+ years. I've got all the info as far as her social security number, place of death, date of death, etc, etc. I mean a simple check of the social security death index proves she is dead, but that also won't fly with the team.

I do like the suggestion to start a riot. :hihi:

Similar thing happened to a friend of ours, but at LSU.

His father had owned tickets (on the 50 yardline, midway up.. great seats) for years and he would attend the game with his dad. Well of course the tickets were in his dad's name. His dad passed and he used the tickets for years before they created a rule that the ORIGINAL ticket holder must pay for the tickets or something along that line.

He explained everything to them, but instead they took his seats away and said that they would offer him some other ones to purchase. Nose bleed section. :9:

It seems like the Saints ticket office could work something out. I mean why do they have to be all technical with this? If so, why not let the renewal "expire" this year and then let you have the tickets?

All good suggestions, and I understand the concern of the team not just randomly believe someone...but as was pointed out the bills have been paid by our credit cards for 12+ years. I've got all the info as far as her social security number, place of death, date of death, etc, etc. I mean a simple check of the social security death index proves she is dead, but that also won't fly with the team.

I do like the suggestion to start a riot. :hihi:

just to make sure, you have nothing with both your names on it?

Similar thing happened to a friend of ours, but at LSU.

His father had owned tickets (on the 50 yardline, midway up.. great seats) for years and he would attend the game with his dad. Well of course the tickets were in his dad's name. His dad passed and he used the tickets for years before they created a rule that the ORIGINAL ticket holder must pay for the tickets or something along that line.

He explained everything to them, but instead they took his seats away and said that they would offer him some other ones to purchase. Nose bleed section. :9:

Not that its right, but I can sort of understand that. Their reason, if it is anything like University of Tennessee, is that old season ticket holders have been grandfathered in to their seats without making those yearly "donations." The athletic department is losing money on those seats, so once those people die they don't want them to transfer to relatives with the grandfather clause.
Although at Tennessee I know they offer the opportunity for the relatives to pay the donation fees for the season tickets.

just to make sure, you have nothing with both your names on it?

No. Everything is sent to our address, but it is all care of said dead women. I have credit card payments, but that doesn't seem to fly.

Ummmm maybe it's just me but, If I were you Id just continue doing what I've been doing all these years..... Who really cares who's name it's in anyway, sounds to me like it's not worth the effort.

See said posts from KOS and JE above. Personally, at the moment it probably isn't worth the trouble. But, who really knows what will happen in the future in terms of PSL's and those requirements, etc...if it ever, ever came to that.

It's not like I'm doing anything at work right now anyhow. SR.com is on one screen, and a stream of the tourney on the other. :shrug:

Not that its right, but I can sort of understand that. Their reason, if it is anything like University of Tennessee, is that old season ticket holders have been grandfathered in to their seats without making those yearly "donations." The athletic department is losing money on those seats, so once those people die they don't want them to transfer to relatives with the grandfather clause.
Although at Tennessee I know they offer the opportunity for the relatives to pay the donation fees for the season tickets.

That makes sense and they may have offered that opportunity, but honestly I don't know. :idunno:

If they did offer the opporunity and he refused, then that would make sense I guess. It just seems that it's getting more and more about the money and less and less about the average fan. I'M SO FREAKIN' MAD right now. :hihi:

What about having the Saints contact the county for the copy? Sometimes bill collectors and such will get a copy of the death certificate so they can put a stop to cc and other collections

What about having the Saints contact the county for the copy? Sometimes bill collectors and such will get a copy of the death certificate so they can put a stop to cc and other collections

Sadly I believe you are overestimating the ability of the Saints to be proactive about things...and to their defense, it really isn't their job. The burden of proof should fall on the customer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom