Death of note in Acadiana/older readers (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Some of you might have known my Brother-in-Law, Wade Bergeron, who was killed yesterday. He was a pretty famous guy in his day; Wide World of Sports; owner of Louisiana Professional Karate and more. He was an exceptional Karate' instructor and fine human being too. RIP Wade.

Sorry to hear about your loss. R.I.P.

Some of you might have known my Brother-in-Law, Wade Bergeron, who was killed yesterday. He was a pretty famous guy in his day; Wide World of Sports; owner of Louisiana Professional Karate and more. He was an exceptional Karate' instructor and fine human being too. RIP Wade.

Sorry for your loss....

.......but, isn't every death a "death of note"?:dunno:

I was just Googling "Wade Bergeron Karate" because my parents enrolled me there back in 1980 when I was about 9 years old and lived in Lafayette at that time. I think I stayed for about a year and reached yellow belt before I lost interest. I remember one of the assistant instructors was named Tommy and he was a brown belt at the time. Wade Bergeron Karate studio was located on Galbert Rd just north of Eraste Landry Rd. It is no longer there as the Ambassador Caffery Pkwy extension would run right thru the studio at Galbert Rd by 1983. Anyway, I am shocked to find out that he had passed away and I am so sorry to hear about his untimely passing.

I was just Googling "Wade Bergeron Karate" because my parents enrolled me there back in 1980 when I was about 9 years old and lived in Lafayette at that time. I think I stayed for about a year and reached yellow belt before I lost interest. I remember one of the assistant instructors was named Tommy and he was a brown belt at the time. Wade Bergeron Karate studio was located on Galbert Rd just north of Eraste Landry Rd. It is no longer there as the Ambassador Caffery Pkwy extension would run right thru the studio at Galbert Rd by 1983. Anyway, I am shocked to find out that he had passed away and I am so sorry to hear about his untimely passing.

He died a horrendous and terrible death. It still puts a real pain in my gut just to think of it. Just horrible. It was just before sunset when Wade was riding his bicycle on a state HWY near Eunice. A teen aged boy, in his truck, driving at a very high rate of speed never saw Wade. Wade was struck and then got caught under the vehicle and was dragged over 100 feet. He was literally torn to pieces.

He died a horrendous and terrible death. It still puts a real pain in my gut just to think of it. Just horrible. It was just before sunset when Wade was riding his bicycle on a state HWY near Eunice. A teen aged boy, in his truck, driving at a very high rate of speed never saw Wade. Wade was struck and then got caught under the vehicle and was dragged over 100 feet. He was literally torn to pieces.

Oh Lord. That's terrible. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom